More Dishcloths

CroJulee

Here are some dishcloths I made yesterday!! I made them from a pattern knitsandknots wrote and has on her blog:

http://knitsandknotsweb.blogspot.com/2008/02/wavy-dishcloth.html

wavecl1.jpgwavecl3.jpgwavecl4.jpg

I really like the pattern. I made the two two-colored cloths and a 3x3 inch cloth from 2 skeins of the peaches and cream or whatever it's called, that they sell at walmart. So about 4 ounces of cotton yarn.

The biggest cloth is around 9x9 inches. The smaller one is 7x7 I think.

And then there's the 3x3 inch cloth thing.

I used a G crochet hook.

I will be making more of these dishcloths. They are really fun!!

Thanks for sharing I'm always looking for something. I ran into a deal and bought about 30 skeins of sugar and cream for .16 cents each. That makes my dish cloths almost disposable.

WOW!!! How'd you do that? That's incredible!! I need to start buying some more cotton yarn. For a little while I let my cotton supply dwindle while I bought other types of yarn. But now that I'm getting into dishcloths again, I NEED MORE COTTON!!! I've got plenty of wool and acryllics, and the blends. Hmm, I think it's time to scour ebay!! Maybe I'll buy myself some cotton for an early birthday present!! That'd make a good excuse right?

Thank you all for the nice compliments!! Dishcloths are very addictive!!

I need to start making more of them and stockpiling for some craft fairs I plan on doing this year. I have a couple of patterns I have designed myself that work up rather quickly and I think would sell well for gifts and such!!!

How much is a fair price to charge for dishcloths that range in size from 7x7 to 9x9? I can crochet pretty quickly, so it wouldn't take much time.

I am doing a craft fair this November and plan on having dishcloths for sale. I was thinking of asking a dollar each. If a skein of the cotton costs $1.69 or so, and you can get two dishcloths from each skein, you'd make a small profit. Maybe $1.25 each would be reasonable too.

One of the ladies at the beauty shop I go to asked for some dishcloths. I made eight of them, figuring she would buy some of them. When she asked how much, I said a dollar each and she jumped at that price and took them all. So I think at least a dollar, perhaps $1.25.

Archived