Pink Ninja

salonims

Will you be doing a pattern for this lovely ninja soon? If so, would love to test her!

Also, I don't think it looks anything like the "other ninja". I think that this one is cuter with the arms and legs! I don't see arms and legs on the other one and I think the body looks different.

Have a great day!:hook

Ok, I'm new to the whole 'test' concept:think, but I think you mean see if the crochet pattern you have for your ninja turns out the way you did it. Is that right? If that is what 'testing' is, then yes, I would love to test your ninja! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think she looks like the other ninja either. She is fabulous. Have you done the testing yet? I would love to test her if you are still looking.

She's very sweet - what kind of yarn did you use? I just want to warn you though, she looks similar to a ninja ami created by needlenoodles on ETSY. Here's the listing:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9163346

I own the book by that artist called Creepy Cute Crochet and I completely agree with you. No offense to the OP...its MHO

First of all, this Ninja is not exactly like the Ninja in the other book; there are similarities, but there are also big differences. The original poster has also told everyone multiple times that her design is all her own and was not designed to be a derivative of the pattern in the book.

Here is how things work according to Crochetville's guidelines: if a member claims that a pattern that looks similar to another is all her own work and she made no attempt to duplicate someone else's work, then we have to accept her word. (There are some exceptions to this: 1) I can see both patterns or finished objects side-by-side and it's obvious the stitch counts/instructions are exactly the same, 2) the designer has made a public statement that she intends to copy/use another pattern as her source, 3) scanned images of patterns from magazines/books, and so on.) Given the typical amigurumi form, it's very possible that if you told several different designers to create a Ninja, there would be some similarities in them, as well as differences.

If the copyright owner of the pattern in the book things this pattern is infringing upon their work, then they would need to contact me with a "notification of infringement" in accordance with the Digital Millennium Act. That's never happened here before, but let me explain how that process would work for everyone.

I receive the notification of infringement (NOI) and immediately archive the thread in question and forward the NOI to the designer of the new pattern. Non-response from the second designer means the pattern stays archived. That designer has a chance to respond to say they aren't infringing. IN that case, the response is forwarded to the original copyright holder. If the original copyright holder doesn't respond to me within a certain amount of time, then I can return the pattern to the forum. If the original copyright holder forwards me a copy of a cease and desist letter sent to the new designer or a copy of a lawsuit filed against the new designer, then I must leave the thread archived pending resolution of the lawsuit or cease and desist letter.

All this to say, barring substantial actual hard evidence that a pattern is infringing upon another pattern or unless a designer has made a public statement that he/she intends to make a copy/derivative of a copyrighted pattern, I am bound by law myself, and must follow established standard procedure.

If Needlenoodles believes this pattern is infringing upon her pattern and contacts me about it, I will work with her on getting things together in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to get this situation resolved as quickly as possible.

She's very sweet - what kind of yarn did you use? I just want to warn you though, she looks similar to a ninja ami created by needlenoodles on ETSY. Here's the listing:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9163346

I don't think it looks like it either. The pattern is completely different. The pink one is also more true to real ami (exaggerated head, etc), with the exception that it follows a pattern of course :D Besides, there are only so many ways to make spheres........

Archived