What is the one...

crochet pattern that you LOVE but you know you'll never make for yourself?

I crochet, every day, as often as I can. I search for and look at patterns just as much, if not more than, I crochet.

I fell in love with the Babette afghan, but I KNOW I will NEVER make it for myself...I can see it, in shades of purple, laying on the end of my bed, or on the back of my couch, but I know I'll never make it...lol...too many ends! :)

What is yours?

:hook

The Cathedral Window Afghan. It's gorgeous but I would not even attempt it. Scary even thinking about it lol :eek

Also a wonderful cable purse pattern I bought months ago on etsy & have not been able to do. I love it but the pattern is confusing me. I tried 3 x & cannot get it so I'm giving up. I can do cables, I recently made a cable scarf & hat but some patterns are easier than others.

There are probably many more patterns that I love the look of but would not attempt.

My BP is already high enough, & I don't need the stress of crocheting something that is beyond my ability (or sanity lol) but it's hard to admit to myself...not to do it lol

I love the Prairie Star ghan it is so beautiful and all the different colors everyone has used, but I tried the diamond pattern and just found it annoying, not sure why and I cant bear the thought of all those diamonds that I would have to make which is quite weird seeing as I love making little squares and turning them into quilts.

I would have to say that for me it will be the Cathedral Window Afghan. I bought two copies of the pattern but I know I'll never make it. I can't stand putting pieces together.

My mom is very disappointed. She saw the picture on the front of the pattern and fell in love with it. She told me she wants one for Christmas next year but I told her she's going to have to learn to crochet and make it for herself because there's no way I'm going to drive myself nuts trying to make it.

I love the Prairie Star ghan it is so beautiful and all the different colors everyone has used, but I tried the diamond pattern and just found it annoying, not sure why and I cant bear the thought of all those diamonds that I would have to make which is quite weird seeing as I love making little squares and turning them into quilts.

Yes! I adore this afghan, but because of the number of squares I'd have to crochet and THEN sew together, and the number of ENDS to weave in, I would have to say that there is no way that I would attempt it. I know, never say never, but I don't like sewing things together and I detest weaving ends, so that pretty much negates the possibility of the Prairie Star for me.

Elle

I would love to have a tablecloth made from some one of those 2 - 3 inch square motifs. But heavens to Betsy, I'd never survive trying to crochet all those gazillion squares together, much less making enough squares for anything larger than a "placemat". (....swaying in chair and trying to regain balance....).

Archived