Hi from Monroe, NC

hi, my name is Donna. I live in Monroe, NC. I am a SAHM to 7 kids. No they weren't all born to me but they should have been cause I am the only mom they have. I have 5 girls ( 16, 14, 9 , 8 and 2 mos., the 8 year old is my step daughter), I have 2 boys (10, and 1 1/2 years old, the 10 year old is my step son). My step daughter is a special needs child, she has a lot of emotional problems, please pray for her. We have an appointment to take her to tomorrow to see a councelor(sp?). I am married to a wonderful husband. He is a truck driver, don't know if any of you are married to one but they are different people that is for sure LOL. He loves his truck like I do my crochet hooks LOL. He is a great husband and dad though. He is Canadian, but don't hold that against him LOL. He has been in the states since he was 10 years old. He served in the Marine Corp for 4 years. He is a hollywood marine woooohoooooo :manyheart . I am a CNA all though I am not working at the present. I hope one day to go back to school and get my nursing degree. I love working with people and helping them in a time of need in there life when we are often scared and alone. I have been crocheting since 1994 when I was pregnant with my 3rd daughter. I wanted to make her a baby afghan so I bought a book and tried to teach myself but it wasn't working out, then while talking with a neighbor I found out that she crocheted so she showed me how to make granny squares and so that is how I got started. I love it. I crochet blanktets, hats, booties and such for preemie babies, I also have a ministry of my own where I crochet lapghans for nursing homes that is a new one that I just started myself with a nursing home that my mom works at. If you email me privately I can tell you more about it if you are interested in helping in any way. I love making afghan squares and have joined a couple swaps and I am enjoying that a great deal as well. I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing ideas and such. I think that about tells it all about me LOL. Didn't mean to write a book

:welcome to Crochetville Donna! I'm happy to meet you ... and I'm also happy to hear that you take the time from your BUSY schedule to sit down and crochet!

oh man to meet someone so close to me. Maybe we can get together sometime and do some crocheting LOL. Do you know how to do crocheting from a graph? That is what I am trying to do right now. I am working on an afghan for my husband that is of the Dallas Cowboys.

Hi Donna,

Good to meet you!

I am right up the road from you in Indian Trail:D .

Hi and :welcome to crochetville! Glad you are here and I can't imagine how you ever get any crocheting done with 7 kids :lol But I'm glad you do and I'm glad you found us :lol

Barbara

thanks to Barbara and Diamond for the warm welcome. And to answer your question Barbara I just have to make time for myself. I learned that a long time ago after going through a nervous breakdown in my first marriage due to some other issues that going on at the time that if you don't make time for yourself you will soon run your self down then you can't do anything for anyone else either.

Archived