Idea for Hooks

I was wanting something new for my hooks, so that way they are in a closed type container. Well the Wylers light and Crystal light containers work wonders for these.. They are also good for other uses..

Cathey

That is a good idea ~ I use the mini m&m (long) containers for my hooks when I am travelling.

When I travel with the smaller yarn or my thread hooks, I put them in bic pens where I've removed the ink thingy. Perfect size and shape. I was given this hint by a woman from Ireland who used this technique to avoid security noticing her small hooks. That was years ago. Security personnel seem to know what crochet hooks are these day.

I was wanting something new for my hooks, so that way they are in a closed type container. Well the Wylers light and Crystal light containers work wonders for these.. They are also good for other uses..

Cathey

I don't ever buy cereal of any kind, so maybe these have been on the market for awhile. I just noticed them this morning. It's cheerios in a take along plastic can. Perfect for kids. But I look at the height and thought: perfect for hooks.

Cathey

That's a great idea! Right now I'm using an old Louis Vuitton make-up bag to hold my aluminum hooks, but I came up with a great idea for the steel hooks that I use for thread. The tiny steel hooks kept sinking to the bottom of the make-up pouch underneath all the aluminum hooks, I guess because they're tinier and heavier, and I was having to take out ALL of my hooks every time I wanted a steel hook. A while back I had bought five pairs of reading glasses on Ebay, and they came in little metal holders. I lost one of the pairs of glasses, but I still had the case, so I'm keeping my steel hooks in the eyeglass case. The best part is that the eyeglass case is still small enough that it fits in the make-up pouch, so I can still keep all of my hooks together, but at least now I can lay my hands on them immediately instead of having to look for them under all my other hooks. :)

Elle

And if you like, you can crochet covers for the cans and boxes, the way you make crocheted candles over toilet tissue cores. I use single crochet so it totally covers any writing on the container, and get creative with stripes.

I use the plastic Crystal Light containers too. They work with most hooks, a few hooks are too tall and then the lid won't snap on, but if you don't want to use the lid, then it won't matter.

I am a Mary Kay Consultant and a few years back we had gifts with purchase that are little flat leather-like pouches that zip for storing/carrying lip pencils, eye pencils, etc. The inside has little elastic bands to hold them in place. This is what I use to store my hooks in. Two or three fit under one band and there's still room to place more in it loosely.

I never thought of the crystal light containers. I just started using the "tooth brush holders" for my TAKE-ALONG projects.

For yarn, I use washed pringle or Lays potato chip canisters (the larger ones, not single servings) as skein holders. I insert the tube part of a SNAP closure or insert an eyelet in the plastic lid and slide the thread through that. Works for standard skein sizes. I use the larger oatmeal boxes for the oversized skeins.

I've used the Crystal Light containers for a long time now too!!!! I have pretty blue marbled contact paper so I covered the can with that. I also have several other plastic containers that I covered the same way for pencils and pens on my desk.

Archived