Loved Clares' handy idea so I thought I'd share mine

I just saw Clares' thread of her handy idea when it comes to her yarn. I had done this a while back when I started doing my Gothic Waves Ripple well it's named 'Ocean Waves Ripple' in the newest issue of Crochet Today but b/c of the colors I am using my friends named it Gothic Waves Ripple anyways on to the pic:

MyIdea.jpg

We get these containers at work(I work at Little Caeser's) and they have either Green Peppers and Onions in them so when we had alot of them I asked could I have some and I cut a hole in the top and pulled the yarn through. So here's my idea but I like Clare's idea too.

Very clever! I have seen this with the pop up containers for baby wipes, plastic soda bottles, and even zip lock baggies ( cut off one corner and feed the yarn out of the hole).......they are all great for keeping the yarn untangled, clean and away from the cat!:lol

If you find that your yarn is snagging on the rough edges of the punch outs go to Radio Shack and buy the vinyl grommets. They come in assorted sizes and only cost a couple of dollars. They are nice and smooth,sometimes you might have to add a bit of glue to keep them on,but I find they usually stay put by themselves.

those containers could be placed in a plastic tote box and the when you wanted to stop you could place your item inside the tote on top of the yarn containers. Pop on the lid and they are out of site neat ready to go the next time.

My 22 month old loves to pull on the skein of yarn as I'm working so I had my husband drill a hole in the top of a clean peanut butter jar with the screw on lid. I then put the skein in and feed it through the hole.....but now my daughter loves to sit on the floor with the jar and pull out as much yarn as she can!!!! It's sooo funny. I let her go for a while, then I unscrew the lid and have her pull it all back through and then I stuff it back into the jar and put the lid on. It keeps her so busy.

Archived