thrift store find

• 2 months later...

Wow what a great find!

I kind of like the colors too.

Whatever you decide to do with this year (maybe see the texture, if it is somewhat bad, snuggles will work with a washing, if it's nice quality, then maybe an afghan afte all... if you want).

If I got this I'd be buying me a ball winder, I dont' have one. I would not be doing this by hand...

Debbi

If you don't like the colour combination, you can use the yarns with other colours to produce a less retro-looking Afghan.

But by the way, the SAME (or at least very similar) afghan is to be seen on 'That 70s Show' in the Formans' living room :lol

I really like those colours together...( I am a child of the 70's mind you! lol) it reminds me of autumn bonfires and the leaves falling from the trees! now, if it had a really good purple in there to go with the orange...that really would be 1970's colour schemes at their best! ;)

:rofl:rofl ROFL... Okay, so funny story... :rofl:rofl

I'm reading the text of the post while the pics are loading (I'm on dialup), thinking "wow, that really is cool" and "she is so lucky!".

Then the picture loads and I literally bust out laughing... I have this afghan. It's sitting in my bedroom right now. My grandmother made it and gave it to me when I was little (80s, sometime). Just a few months ago she gave me the pillow kit in "golds and avocados".

On a side note, would you consider the yarn sport weight or what? :think Somehow there's a little tear in the yarn (thankfully only a few rows from the very end) and obviously I want to fix it so I can keep this afghan around for a while, but I want to make sure I'm getting something close without dragging the entire afghan into Michaels. I think I would get some funny looks. :P

Archived