Everyday storage for current projects (WIP)

How do you store your current projects (WIP)? I bring my work to work and then home everyday, at least the thread projects and smaller ones too. I put them in ziplock bags to keep them clean and dry; it keeps everything together as well. I then carry that bag in my crochet bag, because it's fabric. Does anyone else do this? Or...What do you do? Any suggestions welcome.

Happy crocheting,

Marie

I keep projects in Ziplocs, large bag purses, totes, large clean empty cans, and my son has been drinking the protein drinks for body building that comes in nice white plastic gallon containers with lids - they look like the large clear

plastic bottles that you buy to keep your yarn in while using it; the ones with

a hole in the lid to let the yarn out. These bottles are great for smaller projects or just to store yarn in. I just use whatever I have handy that'll keep them clean. Sorry ... no brilliant ideas here! LOL

I use ziplock bags, too. :lol That's my brilliant storage solution for everything--put it in a baggie. Good for smaller crochet items, quilt blocks, some scrapbook pages, all kinds of stuff. When I have multiple projects, and I'm not carrying them all with me (for example, I rarely carry quilting supplies with me), I put them in a hanging folder in a hanging folder crate that I store at the top of my craft cabinet.

Over here, if you buy a small item in a shop, they often put it in a small bag. Which is great! I keep all of them, they come in so handy for smaller projects, or the beginnings of a bigger project.

I also use any kind of fabric bag that seems suitable. I enjoy this as it makes my work look attractive even when I'm not crocheting.

I have a couple of fabric-lined wicker baskets for when I'm working at home. I think they look attractive and homey, and they're really useful.

My new bag was a freebie that my husband brought home. It's a nice drawstring backpack type square bag that has a wonderful lining. I guess it would be used to keep things cold, but it works great to keep my project in. It's a nice size bag. Probably 12 by 16 or so and the strings make it easy to carry.

Plastic ziplocks work well for carrying small projects. This way, you can put the yarn, pattern, hook and anything else you need all in a travel size bag and it's very portable.

:manyheart

I have so many different totes that I use, as well as a couple of baskets. Unfortunately, all of these things just encourage me to have far too many projects underway at the same time.

With smaller projects I use make-up bags. I just grab one as I head out the door and throw it in my purse. It looks a little better than the zip lock bags. On problem is that they are not see thru and I have grabed the wrong one a few times. At home I have my current project in a wicker laundry basket next to the recliner, unless the cats:devil got a hold on my yarn and then it could be anywhere. :eek

I have a variety of bags. I have an expensive project bag I bought at the LYS, which is nice and roomy for a large project and stays open when I'm working on the project. I have one of those Lion Brand totes, but am not thrilled with that one, as it keeps flopping closed when I'm working on something. I also have a $5 Wal-Mart large handbag that's perfect for WIPs. My absolute favorite, though, is my small black Lancome bag (that I got with a $25 purchase years ago), which is just perfect for small projects.

I have a collection of small bags from stores to put my smaller projects into and use grocery bags for the larger ones. I have a 'recycle' bag (ok more than one) that I use as a tote bag to put my purse and whatever small project I am working on in to take to work, drs, etc. At home I have a craft tote by my chair to keep supplies and current wip's in

i recently remodeled my master bedroom and the valances i used came in those clear plastic zipper packages.... i find it to be perfect for small projects, currently i have a baby bib in one, it is sooo perfect, there are small "pockets" on the inside of the bag one larger one perfect for a pattern folded in half and a small one that works for a pencil and hook!!!

i was giddy :woofor hours when i discovered how well it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hook

im smiling again just thinking about it!!!:lol

I use shopping bags or gift bags...it is a great way to recycle and looks good. I also have a small drawstring bag that I use to transport my take-along project with me to school or Starbucks or whatever.

At home, for the afghans, I have a lined wicker basket to keep the squares, strips, or the whole darn thing if it is one piece in. That works very well. I also have a tote with pockets to keep the yarn and the hooks in. My cat has recently taken to sleeping in said wicker basket. Apparently he likes unfinished projects.:hook

My latest discovery in what makes great WIP storage bags are those zip up plastic bags that sheets and bedspreads are sold in. I use the bed sheets bags for individual projects, and the bedspread bags for all my extra "stuff" that I'm not ready to put back in the cabinet yet. They would also be great to store a WIP blanket in. I love them.

Threadies get to go in ziplock-type sandwich bags. At home I have my zip- closed "to-go" bag, with "everything" (for that project or two) in it, (supposedly for taking to work on Sat's, or trips, etc) and it keeps finding it self in use. I've used those paper gift bags too, to keep wips together.

I just replaced my too-small purse (the tissue tote kept sitting on top, not in) with a larger Thrift store rescued purse...and it's so much bigger I can keep a small project, or thread project in it's own pocket!! how perfect is that?!

Today, I actually have a couple of skeins/balls laying loose on my magazine rack/table, but that will have to get fixed...before DD asks if those are for her to play with (cutting yarn is soooo fun!)

Ordered some new bed sheets this year and they came in some great plastic bags with zipper--usually use that for keeping yarn and project clean

Also use large oatmeal or Ice tea mix containers to keep one skein in when Im crocheting so the skein stays off the floor and doesnt roll around'--even decorate the boxes with wrapping paper so they look pretty too

I just wanted to share with you guys this awesome bag I found last month in a local craft store.As you can see I can fit 2 whole spools of cotton yarn. I took out the velcro divider to put both in their. Or you can keep the divider and put small projects in one side and your purse side in another. It has lots of organized pockets and a smaller zipper pocket in the front.

It is made by a company called Creative Options. I love it. It is brown suede. Just thought I would share my WIP bag.

wip-bag-003.jpgstuff-005.jpgstuff-004.jpg

Archived