Comfortghan For A Co-Worker

sheryl*

:)Hello everyone. I hope all the crocheting is coming beautifully. :worriedI have a favor to ask of you all. :yarnI have this friend I work with named Sandy. I've worked with her off and on now for 2 years. She's I think 62 or around there. Not married, no children and is a victim of chrones disease (sp?)(still unsure what that is) Anyway the past 6 months or around there have been very tough for her. For years she would work, the care for her mom, even when she ended up in the nursing home. Caring for her mom was what she would do to complete her day. She is a very caring person, polite and kind. Always made you laugh. I think about a month or so before thanksgiving last year her mother sadly passed away. The days I was scheduled to work with her, I'd try to help her out by telling her how I coped with the loss of my mother from M.S. 4 years ago. Sandy would keep saying "I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do with my time now." Well as the holidays had approached, she told me they were very tough (I helped with that as well), but she pulled thru. But about a week or so before Christmas came around half of her trailer lost power. The owner of the trailer also ownes a hotel that is up for sale. Well it turned out the power problem lies with in the hotel and the wiring is underground too. No telling how long it would take them to repair it, it is was to be done before the building is sold. So that left Sandy looking for a new home, a safer home. She did find another trailer about the same price to rent, but had to let go of alot of things due to it being smaller. With all that has happened with her and everything, she now has to deal with winter roads. She did live with in walking distance of where we work, now she lives alittle farther and for now that is a very serious issue for her. She was even concerned if she would have to give up her job. She too has been on my mind alot. She was a long time crocheter years ago and to this day I still try to get her crochet spark going. But looking at her time after time you can really see how troubled, sad, depressed, angry and everything else she really is. Lost even. I hope all this is making sence. This is when I thought of a comfortghan for her. I think this will touch her deaply and to reassure her that she too is not alone. I'd like to make her this ghan in the hopes it will lift her spirits. (and if I'm lucky, get that crochet spark going again)

So if any of you would like to help me out....I'd like to collect 12" squares, of any pastel colors, of any pattern. Worsted weight yarn would be nice. Also She is without a computer, so if you want, you too can attach a little note for her, that is one thing I've been thinking of doing. Also let her know where you are from.:)I'm hoping this will do the trick. Please pm me if you are interested. Thank you.

:yesI'm pretty sure i have sent out all the pm's. Anyone else please let me know. :whewI was alittle hesitant that everyone would be busy with their own projects and goals. I do look forward to seeing how pretty this turns out and I'll be sharing the progress too. If there is anything that I can help you with, if I haven't already volenteered, please let me know. :)

:worriedHi ladies. I wanted to let you all know that is helping me with putting my comfortghan together, that I truely appreciate your help. Due to my work, my house cleaning and now me having a cold that's alittle more than a cold has caused me to fall behind some. For that I appologize too. I due owe some thank yous that I will be making a list of, hoping I don't get my comfortghans mixed up, but if I end up doing so PLEASE let me know. The squares that I have recieved sofar are really pretty and wonder with some how they made that, lol. I also want to get some pictures. I have a few bordered with black, figure I'll be doing both with this color. :hugYou all are such wonderful people and I can only hope that when I help you, that I make you as happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'd be happy to do a square. Do you think she'd like a ball of yarn too? With her financial troubles, she might not crochet for the cost of it. I have a lot of yarn, and I could easily send her a ball of something pastel if you think she'd like it. Maybe some cotton so she could make dishcloths? That way, it's a small project, and she gets to use it. Just an idea! Please send me your address, so I can send a square.

Thanks!

Victoria

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These past couple of months have been terrible. I have been busy to the point it made my dates for these comforts ghans late. With work, how i been feeling, my trip to Az. and everything else has just ruined this for me. I feel badly for this. I have started the borders on the squares, I need to get them connected yet. They are being bordered with black. My co-worker Sandy is doing fine sofar. She moved once again and I think she is more happy with the trailer she has found. I wish I could see her more often, but when I do I make the best of it. If she was able to make it thru the holidays this year, maybe next will be better. My other friend is getting over the flu again. We got to visit and she looks so happy, yet you can see she is very tired. I have to work on these comfortghans and get them moving. I hope I did not upset anyone and i hope everyone understands. Please forgive me.

It is ok we all understand life happens! just pick up and get back into your routine and all will work out :)

I am happy to hear that your two friends are doing better and I am sure they will still be very please at what you are doing for them!!

did you get enough squares?

:hug

sissie

Archived