BCA Turtles

yarncat

That is awesome of you! And what amazing little turtles, I love them all!

We used to see turtles all the time in Michigan (in fact, I would stop to rescue a turtle if it was on a busy road-- a lot). But I never saw one when we lived in Colorado.

I guess we have some desert tortoises out here (in Vegas) now, so I will hopefully see some in the summer. :turtle

Tina

I know I already posted here, but I have started one of these already, I just love them. Your BCA ones are probably my favorites. I just had to say again how cute they are. :P Our youngest son has already told me what colors he wants his turtle to be. :lol (I never said I was making them for him...) :P

Tina

I made 31 Breast Cancer Awareness Turtles for the HO clinic last Sept/Oct.Attached was a card stating what to do at what age(self-exam:20,mammogram-40,etc).

BCATurtles.jpg

YarnCat: As you can see in my avatar, this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. I am also a BC survivor and just had my one year anniversary of being cancer free last October 2007. I am just so overwhelmed emotionally, and want to tell you what you are doing is absoulutely AWESOME. Early detection and a positive attitude are the keys to beating this ugly monster.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug

i work with a large group of women and we are very close..(30+at times) this is a great idea and i would llike to do this. where did you get the pamplete you gave with them? This is why i love this group so much. It is not just about crocheting but keeping ourselves healthy.. body, mind, and soul...

That is a great idea and a very important message.

I just love your turtles, but this makes them even more special.

It is amazing what you do for others. The afghans for hospice and now this.:hook

Archived