"snowflake mondays" a past post i had seen UPDATE WEEK #4

tangled up

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the links the earlier flakes were pulled from had multiple patterns, do we maybe want to agree to just pick one of those patterns and do it together?

For ease of getting started, I would propose Snowflake #4 from the week 3 link where we did snowflake #3 on the page... it looks different enough from the other 4 we've done so far and even if you were lazy (or yes, environmentally aware, that sounds better) like me and only printed out the page that #3 was on, you should already have the pattern... what do you all think?

Hi everyone,

I got my Jan snowflakes done and wanted to share them with you but I can't seem to get the photo in the message.

Any suggestions? I went to photobucket.com, created an account, uploaded and resized the image, then tried to insert it here, but it doesn't want to appear. There is a red x where I inserted it but the photo can't be seen. I clicked on "preview" but it's just the red x there too. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please help.

BTW - I found my copy of 99 Snowflakes :yay. I had forgotten what a nice pattern book it is.

Hi everyone,

I got my Jan snowflakes done and wanted to share them with you but I can't seem to get the photo in the message.

Any suggestions? I went to photobucket.com, created an account, uploaded and resized the image, then tried to insert it here, but it doesn't want to appear. There is a red x where I inserted it but the photo can't be seen. I clicked on "preview" but it's just the red x there too. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please help.

BTW - I found my copy of 99 Snowflakes :yay. I had forgotten what a nice pattern book it is.

Did you copy the image link (under the pic) & paste it in your message here? The image link will have an img tag in brackets, front & back. To post a link to the pic, copy the http one.

Also was your pic a jpg or a gif? If the extension ends in something else, it may not work on this board. Good luck I hope you can get it to post. We'd love to see them!

Did you copy the image link (under the pic) & paste it in your message here? The image link will have an img tag in brackets, front & back. To post a link to the pic, copy the http one.

Also was your pic a jpg or a gif? If the extension ends in something else, it may not work on this board. Good luck I hope you can get it to post. We'd love to see them!

Thanks Shell,

I appreciate the help. I'm going over to the scratchpad and try all of this now.

Really nice work Nancy.

I still am trying to catch up along with not getting behind on a few other things going on.

Do we have a week #5? I want to make sure I have all the patterns. That way I can get caught up LOL!

Really nice work Nancy.

I still am trying to catch up along with not getting behind on a few other things going on.

Do we have a week #5? I want to make sure I have all the patterns. That way I can get caught up LOL!

Hi,

I think we have decided to do snowflake #4 from this page:

http://www.sarahanns.com/crochetworks/snowflakes.html

If you have printed out the patterns it is the same page as the one for week 2, when we did #3 from the page (sorry for my earlier mistake in branding it week 3's selection, I now realise that was the Picot-mania snowflake ;).)

Cheers,

Marika

:thinkFigures I only printed #3 and now I can't get that link to work.!!:angry

Sorry! I can't get the link to work, either. I printed the page because I couldn't seem to select text within it... The first week also had a few other snowflakes (with no pictures) maybe try one of those instead?

Cheers,

Marika

Hi,

It's Sunday and I know I'm early but I just wondered if anyone has heard from Tangled Up? This is my first CAL so I thought I'd ask.

I haven't heard anything from her and she hasn't posted to any crochetville threads since Jan 31. Her last post on this thread mentioned that she was having trouble getting online due to working the late shift (or something like that). I might send her a message by email just to say that we all hope everything is okay with her.

If it is all right by everyone, if Tangled Up hasn't posted anything by 10pm US EST Sunday, I'll post a snowflake for Monday. (Not to push in if anyone else wants to jump in :)...) I'm just quite excited and spent part of my weekend surfing for free snowflake patterns...

Cheers,

Marika

I haven't heard anything from her and she hasn't posted to any crochetville threads since Jan 31. Her last post on this thread mentioned that she was having trouble getting online due to working the late shift (or something like that). I might send her a message by email just to say that we all hope everything is okay with her.

If it is all right by everyone, if Tangled Up hasn't posted anything by 10pm US EST Sunday, I'll post a snowflake for Monday. (Not to push in if anyone else wants to jump in :)...) I'm just quite excited and spent part of my weekend surfing for free snowflake patterns...

Cheers,

Marika

Marika, that sounds great. I was thinking of looking for one, but hadn't gotten that far yet. Thanks for volunteering. Hope Tangled Up is ok, too.

OK. I sent Tangled Up an email on behalf of the group, will let folks know if I hear from her before she posts here again :).

I propose the Northern Snowflake by Jackie Karp

http://www.karpstyles.com/crochet/snow.html

Disclaimer: I have briefly read through the pattern but have not done it myself, so can't say how difficult it is or isn't :think.

Cheers,

Marika

PS - I have done the catchup so I have five flakes ready to stiffen, just have to get my materials together :hook. M

I did that Northern snowflake when I learned to crochet last summer..... quite easy!

Does the one I made then count for this week? :)

I think I gave it away though, I guess I could make another. Thanks for posting it I had forgetten about that one and think I lost the pattern.

I am getting a little behind but hopefully tonight I can work on last week & this week's snowflake. I am up to that pt.

Hope Tangled up is doing ok. She is probably "tangled up" in work & home stuff! Thanks for finding a snowflake to do this week.:)

It might be easier for her if we can pitch in like that, when she's not able to post a new one. That way there is a flake every week & one person doesn't have to find all of them.;)

I am getting a little behind but hopefully tonight I can work on last week & this week's snowflake. I am up to that pt.

Hope Tangled up is doing ok. She is probably "tangled up" in work & home stuff! Thanks for finding a snowflake to do this week.:)

It might be easier for her if we can pitch in like that, when she's not able to post a new one. That way there is a flake every week & one person doesn't have to find all of them.;)

That sounds like a really good idea.

It is a great idea... I don't mind particularly jumping in as I am 14 hours ahead of you all, so I get quite itchy fingers on Monday :).

If folks don't mind, I've been trying my hand at designing an Irish Rose Snowflake and would love to post it for next week for folks to test out... if you're all agreeable? :blush

Marika

Archived