"snowflake mondays" a past post i had seen UPDATE WEEK #4

tangled up

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! I had the thought last year to make enough snowflakes to put in my Christmas cards. Unfortunately, the only flake around here was me! :eek

This might get me headed in the right direction for Christmas 2008.

Anna :hook

I am hoppin the train, too. I have one snowflake done - white thread held together with a strand of Krienik gold blending filament. I want to have a snowflake tree next year! After seeing the picture that someone posted of that tree...so beautiful. http://www.flickr.com/photos/10589535@N02/2089462168/in/photostream/

Isn't it the prettiest????

Very pretty tree. I've done 4 of this week's snowflake. Have to hide the tails, spray starch them, and iron them now. Then I'll take a picture.

:Phey there all! yup i just thought if i posted every sunday ( i was late this week) around 6 pm....that would give us all time to get stuff around and work in our leisure mondays was just a good starting point i had seen an old post, and just re-started it. i thought it was fun, and a good head start for the holidays!!! im really glad you all liked it!!!!!

I'm late but can I join in on this?? I do them all up grandly but when it comes to starching.......:eek.........that's when it gets bad. I think I still have some for 2 years ago that need starching.

I need Joann's to send me the next flyer so I can get the 99 snowflake book.

I'm in, I meant to get enough done this year to put one with each Christmas card. I didn't start til October, then ended up picking up alot of extra hours at work.

I may be done by July at this rate!

I'm late but can I join in on this?? I do them all up grandly but when it comes to starching.......:eek.........that's when it gets bad. I think I still have some for 2 years ago that need starching.

I need Joann's to send me the next flyer so I can get the 99 snowflake book.

Michaels has that book, I always pass it up but I'm not anymore!!!

I think it's $10.

I'm working on Snowflake 1 but have a question. I'm not understanding the underlined part of this round:

rnd3: dlst in next 2ch an dc, ch 1,sc in sp.*ch 6,join in first ch to form picot

Can anyone help me? Thanks!!

rnd3: dlst in next 2ch an dc,

I think someone else suggested that the "d" is a typo and so dlst is meant to be slst which would be slip stitch to get you to the right place to stat the next stitch.

I've had to delete a post in this thread in which some information copyright was given that was not very clear. Just in case anyone is now confused about the issue, I thought I'd post a clarification for everyone.

• You may post your own original pattern in this thread or any other.
  • You may not post a copyrighted pattern for which you do not own the copyright. It doesn't make any difference whether the pattern is available for sale or for free.
  • You can post links to where free patterns are available on the internet.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion over the copyright issue.

:flakehttp://www.christmas-projects.com/ht...ke_crafts.html - 122k -

THIS SITE HAS A TON OF STARCHING TIPS AND GREAT SNOWFLAKE IDEAS:flake:wbrr

not found....must got rid of it since Christmas is over! :lol I just hate stretching and pinning and my finger get sore. It doesn't help I do 5-10 at a time. I use boiled sugar water because if I don't like it I can just wash it out.

So I just checked my stock of flutering snowflakes and I got my heart fluttering! I've got zillions of them!!! The large pile is waiting to be pinned.

IMG_1330.jpg

Archived