2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used up another skein starting an afghan. Did about 20 rows since there was no one home to bug me.

The guys went out to the south side of Chicago, and dd went to her boyfriend's house.

Got a lot of crocheting done! It was so nice and peaceful.

:manyheart

Aaaaaah, the smell of a fresh boxload of yarn...

I love my UPS man.. :mail

His squeaky boxy truck made my ears perk up and my legs spring me out to the driveway. I was waiting for him when he drove up, and I think he confused me with my dog, because my tongue was lolling and panting, in expectation of that wonderful box from craftsetc.com 14 wonderful skeins - 2 to finish off my blue star, and 12 to work on my "Winter Warmers" afghan. They are ILTY in Linen and it is OH SO SOFT (I don't have a HL here).

So now, the box is on a chair next to my desk here, and I can reach out and pet it, nuzzle it and sniff it as much as I want. I even worked up a swatch of the afghan, and it is truly divine. :yes :yes

Oh, did I mention that I am in the HOLE in my YTD score for the FIRST TIME THIS YEAR??!?! Yes, I made it half of a year making sure that my score stayed above sea level. Right now I'm doing a little underground mining, but I'll come up for air soon.

I have a bet with Miss Wendy ("Aussie"). She says that if I can go until December 24th, 2008 without BUYING anymore yarn, she will send me some TimTams... oh, yummy. :drool

If I lose, I have to send her 3 skeins of Caron Simply Soft. I don't know what color, but that's irrelevant, since I am going to WIN THIS BET.

(It's a good thing I've stockpiled enough yarn for a nuclear event. I think I'm good to go for 6 more months! :rofl)

Krystal, you certainly make your yarn sound divine. Makes a girl want to run out and get some of her own to pet, sniff, and cuddle....

But I've been good. I had to frog two complete projects. I tried to like them, but I swear they were the two ugliest hats on the planet. But I turned them into long, skinny scarves, and they are much happier now. So that was 2 days of work with a net score of 0. I also finished a two skein scarf that's pink and fluffy, for a little girl. So I get to change my WTD to +4, and my YTD to -83

Nice start for the week. Let's see if I can ignore Krystal's delicious description of the new yarn smell, and stay positive this week!!!

Well, I did it again. Had to go up to the hospital to get squished, and then I realized I was half-way up to the Michael's store.

Picked up some really soft yarn, Bernat Satin in Lapis (light blue) 7 and one in white. I am making a layette in pink right now, so to be fair, I need one in blue.

But I am just ruining my score. I have used up 2 skeins this week, so I'm at a -12.

I promise not to buy any more. (until there's another terrific sale!):lol

:manyheart

I got 2 more skeins rolled into balls. +2

I know the feeling Linda. Last year my score was -600 something. The terrible total is in my siggie :blush I'll just be glad if I can keep this years down under a -150 at this point :lol

:woo I got a medal!! I not only rolled the skein down, I used it up (+1)! I also used 2 more balls (+2) :clap. 28 squares done, 8 more to go. Sun. I went and got a skein of Simply Soft red (-2). I was tempted to get more, but forced myself not to look at the other yarn (some on sale too). I'm going to try to finish all the squares, maybe even the afghan by Sat.

WTD Score: + 1

Ellie 13

I bought a skein of cotton yesterday (-2), but used it last night making a set of dishcloths for a friend (+2). That cancels each other out, leaving me at +2 for the week.

I finally finished off the mega skein of Sugar 'N Cream :whew

That puts me at +4.

Now I'm off to make a ghan for Nancy. I will be going to Florida to see her. :jumpyay:party

:woo

I will be leaving July 13, so I better get the hook flying. I just hope the Doctor give me the OK to go. I go see him tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss the results of my MRI that I had done on my neck.

I made two more 2-skein scarves today, to bring my WTD to +20, and my YTD to -67. Unfortunately, I used up all the quick and easy small skeins. Must get busy to continue going the right direction!

:crocheting

I finished off a ball of yarn on my CRW +1 more.

I may not have any more points by Sat. we're going camping in the morning. I'll try to post my final score on time but if I don't make it it's no big deal to get missed this week :lol

Archived