Crochet newbie in Long Beach CA

cinimonstk

Well, I've been lurking for days and finally decided it was time for me to introduce myself! I'm Allie from sunny Long Beach CA (I saw there is another girl from the LBC :yay ), 28 years old, married, no kids just a :cat. I first learned how to crochet years and years ago (I think I was 8 - my grandma taught me) and picked it up again a few weeks ago. I am currently working on a afghan using the Lion Brand Homespun that is coming out absolutely warm and comfy, so it will be perfect on a chilly spring night (yes it get's cold here and I live close to the beach!). I hope to finish it sometime within the next two weeks, since I crochet only a little before bedtime, as I type all day at work and give my hands a little rest. And well, I tend to ramble on a bit as you can tell - I could tell you my life story if I had the time! Anyhow, this place looks great, I already have a little list of projects I want to do and yarn to buy. My husband is going to kill me!

:hiHi Allie, and welcome:flower from Canandaigua, New York! I'm married with no kids and a :cat too. (I've been dying to use that cat smiley). I am a little bit older than you...but we won't go into that. This is a wonderful place...you'll be glad you introduced yourself. See you around the board!

Hi from Ohio Allie... You will love it here.

How nice that a hobby that your grandmother enjoyed got passed along to you. :grandma :hook:knit

:welcome Glad you are here. I lived in Long Beach for about 6 months years ago. Rented a house about a block from the beach. Did not go to the beach much...tooooooo windy and cold even in June. :)

Be sure and show off your projects. :)

Barbara

Sending you a "Welcome to Crochetville" from the other side of the oceee...errr...well, I usually say ocean - but then I would have to explain which ocean, and then it would be over a continent or two depending on which direction you took and... ahhhhh, skip it! Welcome to Crochetville! :lol

Archived