Trapezoid Poncho Pattern Tester

I was a pattern tester for Jessica (Kusine) on her pattern for the Trapezoid Poncho. I used a grape chenille 1280 ypp that I got from melanie off of E-bay. I used a F hook -- smallest one that I had, the pattern called for a fingering weight yarn and a size D crochet hook. And me not being too bright when I first read the instructions, for some strange reason I was convinced that I needed to dtr instead of tr, still not sure why I thought that, pattern was pretty clear about that :blush I still did not catch this till I was halfway done with the second to last row, so mine has all dtr and no, none, nada, zip tr stitches in it. But it still worked out okay. Only took about 6 hours to complete, this pattern would be very easy to adapt to different (definetly thicker next time) yarns as it is done in mutiples of 5. :)

That turned out so nice. I am still working on my tester. I crochet tight, so mine has alot more yarn & stitches, but if I may say myself, is working up really great. My daughter is out of town, so I kinda stuck right now. This pattern is very easy to adapt for different crocheters, sizes & yarns, just as stated before.

I really like this poncho - it's very feminine. I can see wearing it to "dress up" an outfit. I think it is great with the dtr. Thanks for sharing it.

:) Diane

Yes, I can't wait for the pattern. It's great for when you want the colours of your clothing underneath to show through and compliment the stitchwork. Great job!

Bec :clap

Archived