Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh boy! Look what I got today to keep working onmy Babette:

th_DSC07104.jpg

The two skeins in the front are what I had already and the rest are new :manyheart Also bought four of the bright blues to work on a knit sweater :eek It is "supposed" to be easy (pattern was found online) I'll keep you posted on the Knitwit cal.

Now to plan out my twelve and ten round squares :crocheting

Very pretty colors & I love the feel of caron SS yarn. I'm sure your ghan will be beautiful & soft. I love the blankie I made for Jaden with it. :manyheart

Hi Guys

I'm new and I see some of you are doing Circle in the Square and I posted an intro in the introduction thread entitled "Hi from New York" where I posted a pic of my Circles in the Square that I just completed if you want to see it. I'm not sure of the grooviness of it, it does look a little 70s to me. :)

It was very quick to crochet. I didn't use the same color as a border like in the original pattern, although I may do another one more to the directions. Looking forward to seeing other versions.

Welcome JulieY! :welcome

I can't wait for new years to be over I want to get some time to myself to start this gahn. I think I am going to use some scrap I have from my step mom's xmas present to make a quilt gahn so that might inspire me to to get this going so i can get it finished and start on that I have yet to make anything for my mom and I found something that would be awsome for her.

Okay I just finished up my Groovy Bag :yay Didn't come out too bad. Didn't come out as great as I thought it would either but I'm willing to compromise :lol

I'll put photos up tomorrow. No way I could get any kind of photo to come out tonight.

Clare not sure what it would look like to have the last row the same color. I have had to make sure when sewing them that the last row isnt the same. Great start for you though, cant wait to see yours start to come together.

Mel yes Im looking forward to New Year being over with, at least here its only 8 hours away.

Cara way to go, cant wait to see your groovy bag.

I have 1 big square and 2 small squares finished for my Circle to Square blanket. :clapI love the colors I'm working with (wasn't sure if I would when I started....) From the diagram on the pattern, it looks like it can be assembled in three sections so I'm aiming for making and joining a section at a time so it doesn't seem so 'big' of a project.:yes

Meanwhile, I've been looking at groovy tote patterns to have a smaller project too. I love this groovy CAL!!:yay

Kim

More squares done over the past couple days :yay

Two of the ten round squares:

th_DSC07156.jpgth_DSC07155.jpg

And two twelve round squares:

th_DSC07154.jpg th_DSC07153.jpg

Doing up the bigger ones first was a good idea (for whomever posted that!). I'm working my way backwards and next I'll get on to the eight round squares (have one done already). I think I'll wait til all the squares are done before I start sewing together the pieces - that way I know how they all look together. But I may change my mind too :lol

Julie, Kim and Karen your getting a groove on with the squares, well done.

Karen your squares look great.

Thanks for the compliments on my squares (from you Wendy and everyone else who has said they liked them:hug ). I am really loving this project :manyheart The squares are so easy to make and I am loving the colors I am using. And to think I was hesitating about joining this CAL (silly me :lol )

More squares done over the past couple days :yay

Two of the ten round squares:

th_DSC07156.jpgth_DSC07155.jpg

And two twelve round squares:

th_DSC07154.jpg th_DSC07153.jpg

Doing up the bigger ones first was a good idea (for whomever posted that!). I'm working my way backwards and next I'll get on to the eight round squares (have one done already). I think I'll wait til all the squares are done before I start sewing together the pieces - that way I know how they all look together. But I may change my mind too :lol

Those are great Karen! :clap Great color choices :yes

Here's what I've done so far. I decided to join as I go. I've been making up 4 or 5 squares at a time and then joining. I'm sure that's not how it's meant to be done, but so far it's not been bad.

2151178479_4aaefacd18_o.jpg

Here's what I've done so far. I decided to join as I go. I've been making up 4 or 5 squares at a time and then joining. I'm sure that's not how it's meant to be done, but so far it's not been bad.

2151178479_4aaefacd18_o.jpg

WOW! I like this - it's so nice and bright :yay

Good morning gang!

I'm a newbie to your Groove-Along.....and I've decided to make the very much talked about Babette blanket.

I started a thread showing the yarn I was using having not know about this CAL....Scorprio59 guided me over here....thanks!

So once again, here are the colors...and I'm using Red Heart Soft Touch! (We don't have Caron here in Montreal...:()

th_BabetteColors.jpg

Can't wait to get started on it!!!

Welcome Stephanie. That yarn looks gorgeous, I have never seen that kind of RH. Can't wait to see how it works up, kinda looks similar to Vanna from this view. Is it nice to work with?

I have no idea...LOL...this will be the first time using it! :hook

Okay, Mr Sun showed his pretty face and now I have photos of my Groovy Bag. Took a while. Have you ever tried taking photos with a kitten running under your background thinking you set a tent up just for her? :lol

Anyway.....I put 'em on a page by themselves because it needs some explanation.......

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/groovy.html

Not happy about the body color choice I made but I ain't doing it again :lol

Archived