Toadstool

Trinket

I wasn't sure if I should bother to post this anywhere, but friends of mine said it was cute. Maybe I'm being my own worst critic here. I'm not very happy with it, honestly... I'm going to try again later, though.

BUT, then again, this IS my first plushie! I shouldn't be expecting perfection the first time around, right? :blush

shroom0.jpg

I worked this together in about an hour or so with some scrap yarn I had and didn't know what else to make with. Please excuse my camera. It's very color blind... The colors for this are red-orange for the cap, off white for the steam, and white for the spots.

I think it's probably about 7 inches tall? Maybe 8?

I think it's cute!

But I know what you mean about being your own worst critic. The question is, what do YOU see wrong with it?

I think it's perfect.

The question is, what do YOU see wrong with it?

It does look okay from a slanted top-angle. It's when you get to the underside of it that you see the trouble with it. The stitching gets kinda wonky around the bottom around where the steam meets the cap. But, I think I can correct that problem with some more practice.

Also, it's a little on the lump side... :P

• 3 weeks later...

Season's Greetings

I like it. Then, again, with a name like mine, I like mushroom things.

I was in the passenger seat on our way to Eugene, Oregon from Kent, Washington (about 20 miles south of Seattle) last weekend. I crocheted a mushroom xmas ornament. When we arrived at our friend's house and presented the mushroom, their daughter gleefully shouted, the xmas ornament is here. They put a new ornament on the tree every year. And two days before xmas, they still had not acquired one. Then I magically bring it in. It will hang in their tree every year from now on. Now that is a Christmas blessing for sure.

Your mushroom is significant enough to some, and maybe, it brings them delight and brightens their day.

Be a blessing

Mushroom

It does look okay from a slanted top-angle. It's when you get to the underside of it that you see the trouble with it. The stitching gets kinda wonky around the bottom around where the steam meets the cap. But, I think I can correct that problem with some more practice.

Also, it's a little on the lump side... :P

I suspect that you were doing your best when you created that lovely mushroom. When we do our best, we should not self deprecate. Accept the compliments. They are gifts to you for doing a good job.

Be a blessing to yourself as well

Mushroom

I suspect that you were doing your best when you created that lovely mushroom. When we do our best, we should not self deprecate. Accept the compliments. They are gifts to you for doing a good job.

Be a blessing to yourself as well

Mushroom

Words of wisdom, Mushroom. :)

Elle

Archived