Through Any Window Baby Blanket CAL

laurah4200

I'll be your guinea pig for worsted weights. I'm using Caron One Pounders in pink and purple, and Joanns Rainbow Boucle in a variegated baby color, which is pretty thick and a size K hook. I may have less rows than yours, but the size measurements should be the same, like you mentioned.

I'm currently on Row 19 and its laying flat all by itself.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It probably depends on how you crochet. When I do a gauge swatch, my width is always correct with two sizes up, but my height is always too short. Thus I think why this is turning into a bowl. I am going to try dc to see if that helps correct the issue, because I do like the look. I am crocheting something else at the moment but I will get back to it at some point.

ResizedThroughPicture.jpg

This is what I've got so far. I was planning on using Babysoft in blues. However, after reading the posts in this CAL I was curious as to how the pattern works with worsted weight. I'm using RHSS in Candy Print and Coffee. So far, so good.

I liked the look of the afghan on the Lion Brand Site called Chocolate-covered Cherries Afghan. I'm guessing that mine will be a little more busy than the Cherries afghan though.

I can't wait to see the progress everyone is making on their blankets!

ResizedThroughPicture.jpg

This is what I've got so far. I was planning on using Babysoft in blues. However, after reading the posts in this CAL I was curious as to how the pattern works with worsted weight. I'm using RHSS in Candy Print and Coffee. So far, so good.

I liked the look of the afghan on the Lion Brand Site called Chocolate-covered Cherries Afghan. I'm guessing that mine will be a little more busy than the Cherries afghan though.

I can't wait to see the progress everyone is making on their blankets!

Well, I may try it again. Do you think double crochet could be substituted for the half double crochets?

IMG_0038.jpg

Here's my progress as of this morning. I've completed 23 rounds (4 pattern repeats) so far and it measure 21" across. :D

Pink is the MC, but the purple really makes it pop.

I love the color scheme you used! The purple really does define the rows. I like where you placed the variegated, too. Great job!

I don't know if double instead of half double would work with this blanket. The gauge is probably difficult to achieve if you are using worsted weight since the pattern calls for 3-ply yarn.

Lyder1 - did you try the dcs yet?

Thanks for the info. i will give it a try. i am going for the size. If the rows are less that is ok with me. I will keep watching this cal but will not be starting this yet as I have otherthings to finish up first.

:cheer Here are the pics:

blanket3.jpg

blanket1.jpg

It measure 35" without the border and picots and about 38" with border and picots. I used ww yarn...caron pounders in pink and purple and Joanns Rainbow boucle in a variegated baby color. :cheer

CrisKad- I love your blanket! The border turned out great. I just love the colors that you used. They are so soft and girly. Also, I'm glad the worsted weight didn't give you any problems.

I think I'm finally ready to get started on this one. We're finally back home and settled from our holiday trip. I just need to make a final decision on yarn and colors. I'll post again when I decide what to use.

ResizedThrogh2.jpg

Here's my progress. I frogged the WIP from the previous picture. I was going to make version B, bit then decided to go with version A. I hope to get more done this weekend.

ResizedThrogh2.jpg

Here's my progress. I frogged the WIP from the previous picture. I was going to make version B, bit then decided to go with version A. I hope to get more done this weekend.

I love, love, LOVE the black and purple! I may have to change my color scheme. That looks wonderful! May I ask what yarn types and colors you're using?

Requin - I'm using RHSS in Candy Print and Coffee. I took the picture in really low lighting so it looks purple-ish. Glad you like it! It gives me motivation to keep going.

I spent the morning online looking for a baby blanket pattern - and this is going to be the one. I'm going to do it for a new baby due in May - my granddaughter or grandson. I'm going to make a pink one first (being hopeful - they have two boys already). Going to the craft store now to buy my yarn. Thanks for posting the pattern! Crochetville is wonderful!!

I have started this pattern, not sure if I have the correct version or not...

But the "ghost row" seems like a decrease row. I am doing (2hdc ch2 2hdc in each corner) then one hdc betwen every two and in the space. Should there be more sts per side?

going to look for corrections but if some could explain that row better I would appreciate it.

I am doing mine in drk pink, lt pink and white.

:hug

Archived