Through Any Window Baby Blanket CAL

laurah4200

Is anyone interested in making the Through Any Window Baby Blanket?

I've seen a couple of comments about starting a CAL and I want to make

another one, too. It would be great to see what everyone else comes up

with. The pattern is available in the Original Pattern section here on

Crochetville.

2072460992_11fb627c69.jpg?v=0

The pictures below are from the testing thread (with permission). The

picicture will link to their blog if applicable. In no particular order:

MyissaG

007-7.jpg

dogswife

tmpphpfCB1me.jpg

mom4x

testgranny.jpg

requin

2083689977_1c0eb5d825.jpg?v=0

Guatemalamom

DSC00001-1.jpg

crochetfool

gstested.jpg

tamugrad2

tmpphpIzgoQR.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to make this beautiful baby afghan. Thanks for the invitation to join. I was thinking about Green and/or Blue also. I have purchased a Moses Basket that has green accessories for a very special baby that's due in April. Even though the afghan would not be for the basket I would still like to keep with the color theme. Would you still use the Cream with these colors? So many people here at the 'Ville can visualize colors but it never seems to work out well for me. I need to have someone tell me what colors to use. Any Suggestions ???? :crocheting

Yes! After the holidays, when I'm done my xmas projects, I'd really be interested in the CAL. My cousin is having a babe in June so I have plenty if time to work on this one!!!

Count me in...

Wow that is really pretty, I guess I will have to give that a try. Probably not until mid to late January though. I will keep checking in on everyone's progress. :cheer

I would love to make this beautiful baby afghan. Thanks for the invitation to join. I was thinking about Green and/or Blue also. I have purchased a Moses Basket that has green accessories for a very special baby that's due in April. Even though the afghan would not be for the basket I would still like to keep with the color theme. Would you still use the Cream with these colors? So many people here at the 'Ville can visualize colors but it never seems to work out well for me. I need to have someone tell me what colors to use. Any Suggestions ???? :crocheting

I loved the cream with the blue and green in the swatch I did. When I make the full afghan, I'll be using those colors. I think they go really well together, and the cream really stands out with the darker blue and green.

oooh what a pretty pattern! I would like to do it too. Maybe expand it if possible to a lapghan I'll have to see but it will probably be at least a couple weeks before I join in. :)

I am in too, after I finish up squares for a swap, probably after Jan 1st. I was thinking of making a boy and a girl baby blanket anyway to have on hand since I don't know what a friend is having and I am sure it will get used some day and if not I will donate.

It came out wonky so I abandoned it at about 18". I am going to use it as a clutch bear skirt (you know the animal head with the mini blankie skirt) and make something else with the same color yarn. Oh well, apparantly my granny square difficulties remained true with this pattern. I would have gone up two hook size like I usually do, but yarn calls for a J and I don't have an L or M so I had to use a K hook. Love the pattern though, it looks so wonderful together.

ldyer1 - that's great that you tried the balnket out. I would love to see a picture!

It's too bad that it turned out wonky.

There were two correction dates. Maybe you didn't get the current updated one? The rows should alternate between two dc and three dc shells.

I am thinking of making the for my cousin who is due in april. I picked up some caron ss and was wondering...the pattern calls for 450 yds/5oz of yarn. the label of the yarn I have says 6 oz/400 yds or something close to that. Would that be enough yarn?

I'm going to start mine next week. I'm going to use bright colors, hot pink, bon bon print and white RHSS and try to see if I can make it big enough for a lapghan. If not I will hold onto it till I need a baby blanket. :)

I am thinking of making the for my cousin who is due in april. I picked up some caron ss and was wondering...the pattern calls for 450 yds/5oz of yarn. the label of the yarn I have says 6 oz/400 yds or something close to that. Would that be enough yarn?

I'm not sure. Caron SS is 4 ply and Baby Soft is 3 ply. That might be the reason why the yardage and weights are different. If you are aiming for the same number of rows then you might not have enough. If you are aiming for the same size measurements it will probably work but you will have less rows.

Spent part of this evening frogging what I had done yesterday. Started over again.

I am abandoning this project altogether. Hard to explain, but it just doesn't "feel" right.

I will have to withdraw from this CAL. My apologies.

Thanks for trying out the pattern! That's too bad it didn't work out for you. There's only so much crochet time and you should be crafting projects you enjoy. Good luck on your next project!

Just a note: The increases and decreases do make the blanket seem a little wierd at first, but if you keep going it will flatten out and lay right. The border helps the outer rows straighten. The blanket I made lays straight and orderly without any arranging.

I've only made the blanket once with Babysoft so I can't really say if it works well with worsted weight. Especially RHSS and similar stiff yarns.

Archived