Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

Just to Clarify any Confusion we may be having with the July/August Charities:

We indeed had a late start for the July Charity (the due date for mailing is August 31) however we are still on track for August. All projects for August are scheduled to start Aug. 1 and the mailing date for the month of August will be towards the end of Aug...a time TBA by the sponsor for August....so.....keep those hooks a blazin....we're still going strong.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any one who is interested in donating items to heavenly angels in need can email me for a mailing address to send items to....

any and all sizes from micropreemie to newborn are greatly appreciated, i just ask that all items be washed in fragrance and dye free soap and sealed inside plastic bags before being shipped.

burial items need to be open in the back to make dressing the babies easier for nursing staff...

we provide clothing for nicus, as well as now i lay me down to sleep so that babies that pass can be dressed in something other than just a blanket to have pictures taken for mommy and daddy.. and the parents keep the outfits as a momento of their baby. there is no cost for the things that we donate....

please pm me for a mailing address........

Okay, now that I have the first few weeks of the new job under my belt I should be able to jump into the charity blitz fray again.

I have just PM'd kookykatlady for the mailing address.

In June I donated 45 items to my local charity.

OK, I finally got it figured out and Donna agrees, so here goes

July ends in August. (Personally, I will be done in July since I started on time/early.)

August begins in August and ends in August (strange).

September will begin sometime after August.

October and November still do not exist.

July ends in August. (Personally, I will be done in July since I started on time/early.)

Yep... and Aug will be 8 inch squares... post # 3... for those of us new... or old and forgetful... or just forgetful...:D

Lea-

Is Your avatar an updated pic of your son? :devil

Is it too late to get his ears pinned? :devil?

...and the nose? :devil

:hug:hug:hug:hug

:lol:lol:lol..I'll have to pass that on to him!! That's MONK... the first day Josh got to Sadr City there was a box full of stuff the outgoing unit was tossing... he grabbed the monkey and took it with him on all of his missions,... when the IED hit and the dust had settled etc.. ( the next day) Josh was able to go back to the vehicle and get his Ipod and a couple other things..and there, staring up through all the debris was Monk... he had survived...Monk was awarded the same medals Josh the Purple Heart, Bronze Star with Valor ..BUT the commander in a bit of humor for the unit... gave monk a promotion... Josh is a SGT... Monk is a Staff Sgt... he out ranks Josh :lol:lol...

Couldn't have said it better myself! :P

Ive got a few baby items already and I am working on a few more. I hope Knitted items are ok as well. I have some knitted hats and bootines, a blanket or two and I am working on a dress right now.

I also have a question about the August squares. I know they are 8 inch but any special yarn, color. whatever .... that we should know about?

Aug Blitz info:

Charity: Nursing Home Project

What the charity does: Distribute lapghans to residents of a local nursing home. Many members are on Medicare and have no family visiting and very little to call their own.

What the charity needs: 8" squares in any color with a white border.

Mailing address: Please PM hseger for the mailing address.

Shipping deadline: August 31, 2008

Sponsor: hseger (remember to PM/email this person when you send something)

Coordinator: To be announced (remember to PM/email this person when you send something)

..This is such a fun portable project for Aug. We can tuck a yarn & hook in our bags for those end of summer trips Make sure you PM both Heather & me with totals when you send so we can add to the Blitz totals!!

...AND we will still be doing things for July Blitz also until the end of Aug... so many choices so little time....:crocheting

OK its question time.

8 inches including border? or 8 inches and add border? Do all the borders have to be the same size? or can just the last round of whatever be white?

what color white?, white-white? soft white? or butt ugly white that I keep seeing in the stores? :devil.

OK its question time.

8 inches including border? or 8 inches and add border? Do all the borders have to be the same size? or can just the last round of whatever be white?

what color white?, white-white? soft white? or butt ugly white that I keep seeing in the stores? :devil.

I had the same question so thanks for asking it.

I just got a PM from Heather..she was going to post in a couple of days but since there are questions I'll copy and paste here:

" Ok Thanks I'll come in there in the next day or so. I was only going to add that with the doubling of july with august and the games going on in august I'll take just 8 inch squares they don't have to worry about the border part.:hook"

..any more Q's just holler

Just a little Reminder - The July Charity deadline is August 31st.....so you still have plenty of time to get your items completed.

Friday will be the start of our August Charity - The Nursing Home Project sponsored by hseger and coordinated by minwifeof4boys.

Keep up the Good Work Ya'All!

Hi sorry I'm late getting in here.

I figure since August is so busy this year with the July charity running over and the "Games" that just 8 inches without a border is fine. :D

Any color, any pattern would be just great!

Let me read more posts and see if I missed any questions.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see all the beautiful squares!

If anybody already did some with the border or still want to do a border on theirs that is fine. It can be any size border in white to get you to 8 inches. I know some were starting on some a few months ago.

I just figured with the busy month I'd make it as simple as possible :D

Please PM me if you have any questions and for my address.

:hug

Here's my July items. Will ship on Monday and PM the proper people then. Excuse the black lumpy thing in some of the pictures. Blacky :cat always wants to be part of the action. (images clicky)

th_fleece.jpgth_stripe.jpg

th_shirts.jpgth_shells.jpg

th_hats.jpgth_greenrr.jpg

th_fleece3.jpgth_fleece2.jpg

So far I have 2 pair of knitted booties, a hat and I just finished a little dress. I have more hats and a few blankets in Wip too. I am also going to buy a cable for my camera this weekend since i haven't found mine yet. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Oh I almost forgot I have 3 squares too so far for August.

Archived