Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

Not bad, I like making toys, I'm just not fast at it :lol

Trust me the speed comes after you have made a few. I try to make about 5 at a time. First I make the pieces and then assemble only what I have to before I make all the next pieces. For example I might make all the legs and arms first since I hate that part myself... Then I make all the bodies.. then the heads and helmets then all the little pieces like the boot staps, buckles, collar, tail.... then its just stuff and stitch. I hate to sew and am not fast at it but for the smiles I know these bears bring it is ll worth it to me. :hug:manyheart

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 5 more done so I am up to 9. I need to kick this in gear. I usually have at least 1 a day but not this month. The food poisoning slowed me down. Guess what I will be making this weekend? Oh crud... I have to stop at JoAnns tonight. I ran out of yellow. I thought I had more in the tub I keep my bear stuff in but all I have is red and black. Oh well shopping spree!!!!!!!

I received 24 squares from Flowerpower06 today, will add pic later on when I get one, just want to say :ty for the beautiful squares! Total is now 746 for May

Woo-Hoo! May was an awesome month! Thanks to all for your uunconditional love and contributions.

How is everyone doing this month. I cannot believe it's summertime already! Keep up the good works ya'all! :hug

I'm up to 13 bears now. Need to take a short break to work on my Summer Camp Secret Pal stuff but I will be back later this week . I hope we stuff the fire department with bear hugs. :hug

Every wonder where all my firemen bears go? To help my 2 brothers, my SIL, nephew and his wife, niece and her fiance', and all the other great firefighters of Eutawville, SC give hugs to children and families of fallen firefighters.

This is my family. My brother Norm, his son Mike and his daughter Ashley. I am so proud of them! :manyheart

http://www.timesanddemocrat.com/articles/2007/12/23/news/12868050.txt

They are what makes this all worth while. :hug

What a great article Tammy! I'm still working on mine. He's almost done. I'm not the best bear maker, but he's coming along, although a little lopsided,lol! I've named him Charlie! Don't know why, he just wanted to be called that, lol! :think Charlie the Firefighter bear!

I don't know how you manage to make so many! :eek But they are fun to work on! :hug

What a great article Tammy! I'm still working on mine. He's almost done. I'm not the best bear maker, but he's coming along, although a little lopsided,lol! I've named him Charlie! Don't know why, he just wanted to be called that, lol! :think Charlie the Firefighter bear!

I don't know how you manage to make so many! :eek But they are fun to work on! :hug

I can almost make these in my sleep since I have been making them for about 3 years now. We used to have 12 of us making them every month and now we are down to 4 crocheters. It is getting really hard to keep up with the needs especially with fire season upon us but we do our best. I am so glad we got this June spot since the 4th of July is usaully a very bad time for them. There is a lot of open grassland in the area they cover and with people setting off fireworks it doesn't help. :no My family and I started this charity for the fire department about 3-4 years ago now and we really want to keep it going as long as we can so thank you everyone for all your help! :hug

Hi! Got a question for the July charity.....I have twice sent a private message to the coordinator but I have not heard back....so if kookykatlady is reading these, can you contact me? I'm trying to determine if fleece blankets with crochet edging is okay to donate for July and where to send them.

Hi! Got a question for the July charity.....I have twice sent a private message to the coordinator but I have not heard back....so if kookykatlady is reading these, can you contact me? I'm trying to determine if fleece blankets with crochet edging is okay to donate for July and where to send them.

Please contact me too. I left a few PM's but no responce. I wanted to know if knitted baby items as well as crochet are OK. Yes I said a bad word but I am trying to learn to do that too and I have a few things already.

Sad news... :ohdear:cry My niece and I held a vigil this afternoon for a fallen firemen bear. She was on a way to a firecall and had one of the bears on her dashboard of her truck. They are usually in a box behind her seat but anyway.... As she was driving down the road to a firecall the bear flew off the dash and out the window. Since she was on an old country road and needed to get to the fire she was not able to stop and get him. After the call she drove down the road in hopes of rescueing him. She did find him but alas he did not survive the ordeal. :lookout Poor little guy. Herman - as she named him - was laid to rest in a tissue lined shoebox in her back yard. May you rest in peace poor Herman. :rip

Sad news... :ohdear:cry My niece and I held a vigil this afternoon for a fallen firemen bear. She was on a way to a firecall and had one of the bears on her dashboard of her truck. They are usually in a box behind her seat but anyway.... As she was driving down the road to a firecall the bear flew off the dash and out the window. Since she was on an old country road and needed to get to the fire she was not able to stop and get him. After the call she drove down the road in hopes of rescueing him. She did find him but alas he did not survive the ordeal. :lookout Poor little guy. Herman - as she named him - was laid to rest in a tissue lined shoebox in her back yard. May you rest in peace poor Herman. :rip

:eek Oh no! RIP Herman.

I've got 2 bears that will be on their way tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't do more this month. Its been a bit nutty here. They are fun to make though and really cute!

2601374971_23de00fffd_m.jpg

:eek Oh no! RIP Herman.

I've got 2 bears that will be on their way tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't do more this month. Its been a bit nutyy here. They are fun to make though and really cute!

2601374971_23de00fffd_m.jpg

Christine those are great!!!! Thank you!:hug

I've only got 1 done! I was hoping to do another one this week, but it isn't looking too good. I'll give it a try though!

Even one is a huge help. Thanks so much!!!! :hug If I have been counting right I think that now puts us at 23. Thanks everyone!

I am now up to an even 20 bears. Since the month is quickly coming to an end I have a goal to make at 10 more before June 30 (one for every day of the month) but I dont know how much of a reality that will be since there are 4 days left in the month and I am now working 50-55 hours a week. If I ever find the *^%#$#@! cable to my digital camera I will have to take some pictures. Guess what I will be making this weekend?:hook:crocheting

Archived