chickpea67

Hello!

I realize I'm like the 10th person today to say "hi, i'm new here"- but just because i'm the 10th doesn't make it any less true!

So hello. I'm sure I'll have many questions since I taught myself how to crochet a little less than a year ago. I've really enjoyed it and have started trying more dofficult (although still rediculously easy) blankets and scarves.

To date I've made 1 full size blanket(big enough to cover my husband who is 6'4-- I had very explicit directions), 1 lapghan, 2 baby blankets (my sister had twins) and something like 6 scarves.

Currently I'm working on another blanket for my sister's 2 year old. She keeps taking her baby sisters' blankets and claiming htem as her own. My sister thought she'd enjoy her very own-- so I started a checked blanket in Strawberry Shortcake colors (her sisters are striped--so this should help to delineate them in her mind). I'm doing it by carrying both colors all the way through-which I've since found out is wrong. But the 2 colors are complementing so it doesn't look too bad. I will keep you all posted and I'm looking for some fun (and easy) ways to do border the blanket.

I'm glad I found this site!

:yayHello! I'm Norma from South Texas and I'm also new here. I love it here and I'm amazed with all the talented ppl here!!

Hi from Ohio --

I'm pretty new to this forum also .. I'm sure you will enjoy being a part of this group.

Welcome! :yay

Hi :hi and welcome:welcome to Crochetville.

Don't worry about carrying the two colors throughout the blanket. It may be what a lot won't do, but I have done it with several blankets, when there is a lot of color changes. (Go to Search on Show and Tell and look at Dora or Princess) You can't even see it.

This is a good place to learn and get idea's and most of all have fun.

It doesn't matter if you are first or 10th or 100th for the day to say you are new, we are still glad to hear about you and to say a great big H!

:yay:hug:hook :hook :hug:yay

Hi Rachel and welcome:flower from Canandaigua, NY! I'm really new here too, and love it already.

You've done a lot of ambitious projects for someone who's crocheted for less than a year! :yay Wow! - all those blankets (I have a few started, but they are so hard for me to stick with!)

I second Tampa Girl ... I also carry yarn sometimes when I have to change colors often. Some people do this on purpose because they like the effect. :)

Good luck and enjoy this friendly site, Diane

Hello!! Sending you a big:welcome from the other side of the Atlantic! I hope that you enjoy your time at Crochetville - it is nice to have you join us!

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to know I didnt mess up my blanket! I'm not changing colors a lot but I do like the effect.

Ahh-- I dont consider blankets to be too ambitious! I always freeze so making blankets are my way of making sure I'm warm! Plus- I must admit-only one was full size- the others have been lapghans or baby blankets!!

But thanks again for all the warm welcomes!

Archived