New kid on the block

Judie

Hi!

I am a caregiver for the last 8 some years for my 93 yrs. old mom..and crocheting gives me something to do besides chores and feeling depressed.I am learning to crochet, but having a hard time following the pattern directions.:( I am excited about finding this site.. :cheer

Judie

:devil

Hi hi! Welcome to crochetville! We're a nice supportive bunch. :D I'm relatively new here myself but man oh man, these folks take you under your wing in no time. :manyheart

Feel free to ask if you need help with anything.

Happy hooking :hook

Hello! Welcome to Crochetville! We are glad you found us. If you need help with anything, feel free to ask. We have plenty of experienced crocheters to help those of us who are still learning. :P Sometimes even the experienced crocheters need a little help, so jump right in with both feet and enjoy! :yay

Pattern directions are tough sometimes. But tehy get easier to understand. Try starting out on things that repeat the row the whole way through--and look on websites. I learned how to crochet completely through finding a bunch of websites to show me EVERY aspect of crocheting.

Hi Judie -

Welcome! I know you will find what you need here .. and a lot more too!

I'm also a self-taught crocheter. I used to rewrite patterns, before I started a project, in a way that made sense to me. :think

That got "old" in a hurry. So then I started "inching" my way through each pattern... stopping often .. making mistakes but not giving up .. and talking out loud to myself. It wasn't too long a time before patterns began to make sense to me.

Hello Judie!! Sending you a big:welcome from the other side of the Atlantic! I have been crocheting a few months only now - the ladies (and gents) here are great for helping and explaining questions when you get stuck! All the best!

Archived