Talking Crochet newsletter

Did anyone see Carol Alexanders newsletter today? There's an article that makes me so thankful that I live in this century!:clap:clap:clap

I think you can also find it archived soon at anniesattic.com.

Shery

Yes I read it, and chuckled. I have some antique crochet books and I always enjoy reading the articles they have in them. The way the ladies talked seem so strange compared to today. Although the women then seemed to have had much more leisure, I really don't believe that was true unless you were wealthy. The ladies of today have it much easier, and we definitely aren't stiffled like they were.

They were right about crocheting being a good way to avoid conflict...I actually employed this strategy a few months ago when I was at a meeting and someone was throwing a nutty over something. I just kept crocheting until it was all over <LOL>.

Mine is dated Nov 27 Volume 4 #16.

I usually get it once a month sometimes twice (on at the beginning and one at the end). That's what happened this month.

This one is not on Annies yet. If any of you would like to see this PM me your email and I will forward it to you.

Sheryl

It was an amusing article that gave me a chuckle. It's hard to believe how far we've come in our thinking about how women should act. I know I didn't learn crochet to be more ladylike, my stepmom could barely keep me in a dress let alone get me to act like a lady. I wonder what the original writer of that article would think about how big a business crochet has become since her times.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I found it interesting how often we hear someone here say that crochet is therapy for them in our stressed out world. some things never change... Thank God (literally :wlol:yes)

and yes, I got my e-news last night.

I liked that afghan pattern as well but I always love 3D flowers.

Archived