knit mimics crochet

jura2908

What a royal pain in the tooshy. How many stitch holders do you need for that? At least 4. Jeez louise, if you hate crochet enough to even try to knit a granny square why would you even WANT to make a granny square in the first place? A granny square which is the most iconic of all crochet icons?

Here are my knitter friendly instructions on how to make a granny square: get a crochet hook and learn how to crochet, lol!!!!

I SUCK at knitting, but if I had to make a ribbed cuff for a sweater, I could. I don't ENJOY it, but I can do it. And if someone NEEDS a granny square, then they should make a proper one, with a crochet hook.

Hey, does this mean we can be crochet snobs now????

How interesting. I think it's good news. The art of crochet is being duplicated in knitting means that there is some recognition of the value and beauty of it.

I only knit to make ribbing on clothing but I sometimes wonder if knitters look at crocheted ribbing and wonder why crocheters go to all the trouble of replicating something that is most easily done in knitting.

Personally, I don't think there is ANYTHING that is "easily done in knitting". LOL

I can't get the darn yarn to quit falling off the needles.... rofl.

Mine doesn't just fall off, it LEAPS off in glee, then wanders all over the room, getting into a tangled mess first, in search of a friendly crochet hook to soothe the agony of being knitted by my ham fists of doom, lol!

Wow, thanks for posting that, very interesting to see knitting trying to imitate crochet, instead of the other way around. :lol Really enjoyed reading everybody's comments on this thread.:lol:lol

As far as the object itself, that is a poor excuse for a granny square in my opinion. I also don't think the squares go very well with the striped part.

Mine doesn't just fall off, it LEAPS off in glee, then wanders all over the room, getting into a tangled mess first, in search of a friendly crochet hook to soothe the agony of being knitted by my ham fists of doom, lol!

:lol Thanks for a great picture of reality!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived