Hello

mclover1961

I just joined today after a quick browse through the site. My name is Teresa, I live in Burleson, Tx which is just south of the D/FW metroplex. I learned to crochet back in the '70's but didn't take it very far because the yarn selection was so limited. Last year my mother had chemo and needed a hat for the winter and even though the center had caps there, her color choice was limited :P So I started looking at what was available now and was amazed:cheer at how yarns had changed. That started the addiction all over again :yay About myself, I'm 43 single, 2 cats, one of whom thinks it's his mission in life to catch the yarn as it goes from skein to hook. We've had many discussions, he promises to do better until next time :devil I'm unemployed, was looking after both parents, one had cancer the other congestive heart failure, until he passed in January. So now I'm trying to find a job in this economy. To forget about that I crochet and read--voraciously. I'm looking forward to learning more and making friends here.

Hi Teresa,

Welcome to a great group of people here.

I'm Terri and I live in Oklahoma. I have the same problem with one of my cats. He just loves to chew on the yarn and then play with the ball.. silly cat.. lol

Good luck with the job market.

Hi Teresa. Welcome to Crochetville! My cat has grown out of yarn playing and now prefers to just sit on my work. Unfortunately, this is actually more disruptive than the yarn grabbing was before, oh well - I wouldn't want it any other way.

Sounds like you're going through a very difficult patch right now - Being there for the important people in your life when they most need you is a wonderful thing - one of the most difficult, unselfish, but rewarding acts. (and not very much appreciated or acknowledged in the world.) I hope that knowing this will always be a comfort in the future. Best of luck with your job hunt - and take care of yourself with cats, crocheting, and companionship. I know you will find a lot of that here.

Diane

Welcome to Crochetville Teresa! I'm from Northeastern Ohio .. and I :heart to crochet .. and I :heart cats too!

Hi Teresa, welcome to the boards!

I am from OK, and have relatives in the D/FtW area, as well as further south.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello!! Sending you a big:welcome from the other side of the Atlantic! I hope that you enjoy your time at Crochetville - it is nice to have you join us!

Archived