Hi! I'm new from Flanders!

morganne

Hey to all of you!

I'm a 24 old girl who lives in Hasselt, a small town in Flanders. My hobbies are crocheting (a beginner!), reading (thrillers, history and fantasy), witchcraft, drawing and movies. I learned crocheting as a six-year old but I didn't do anything with it until last weekend when my mother-in-law suggested to do some hooking together, she's a very creative and inspiring person and so I agreed. My first project was a scarf, I used a large hook and I could finish it in a few hours, it came out beautifully and then ... I was hooked:jumpyay

Now i'm crocheting a cloth to poot on the living room table using a smaller hook and three shades of yarn ... it's coming out nicely, the ends of the rows are a bit uneven though ... :hook

Welcome to Crochetville Morganne! :yay I'm not the only person from Belgium anymore - I was beginning to think that I was the only person who crocheted in the whole country!! :lol I think that Hasselt is about an hour from Brussels no? You will have to let me know where you and your mother-in-law purchase your yarn! I've been really struggling as the only place I have found in Brussels is fairly expensive! We are glad to have you join us! :hug

thanks for all the warm welcomes!

hey kaml2000: yeah, I also thought I was the only person in the country crocheting ... Hasselt is 1 hour and a quarter from Brussels and I commute to Brussels every day because I work there (flemish government). I purchase my yarn at the "veritas" which indeed is pretty expensive and has a limited choice, I don't know another yarn store though...

Archived