question about soap covers

I heard recently (at Snopes dot com) that a bar of soap in the bed can stop night cramping in the legs. do y'all think that making those covers would keep the bed tidy if one did try this?

They say you can have the soap open or wrapped so a cover seems reasonable.

Any thoughts?

Snopes dot com cannot explain the phenomenom but they say it appears to work... can't argue with science like that can you? :rofl

That is strange that it works! Especially if it is wrapped! A soap cover would be nicer than paper wrapped or no wrap. If you try it, let us know if it works! Any particular kind of soap?

I don't know about the cramps but it's supposed to help Restless Leg Syndrome. I have it but never tried the soap.

Snopes doesn't say it works, it says it's undetermined.

As to which soap to use, I've heard Dial and I've heard it doesn't matter.

I think if I were to try it, I'd want a soap cover over it rather than just an unwrapped bar in my bed. lol

Let us know how it works. :)

I don't know about the cramps but it's supposed to help Restless Leg Syndrome. I have it but never tried the soap.

Snopes doesn't say it works, it says it's undetermined.

As to which soap to use, I've heard Dial and I've heard it doesn't matter.

I think if I were to try it, I'd want a soap cover over it rather than just an unwrapped bar in my bed. lol

Let us know how it works. :)

Well they say it does work for people who try it but they are not prepared to give it a full out stamp of approval. :wlol

http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/legcramp.asp

I have tried it and it does help cramps and the restless leg syndrome :yes

Don't know why but it does. I've used different soaps at the bottom of my bed under the fitted sheet just beyond my feet. The bar was unwrapped when I used them. :soap

I agree with Dogswife. :yesI've used it for about a year, unwrapped, between the fitted sheet and matress pad. When I feel a cramp coming on, I feel around with my feet for the bar of soap (it's always at the bottom of the bed) and rest my foot or leg on it. Almost always it stops them. I believe I use Jergens. I don't know why it works, but it does!:cheer . Jan.

I agree with Dogswife. :yesI've used it for about a year, unwrapped, between the fitted sheet and matress pad. When I feel a cramp coming on, I feel around with my feet for the bar of soap (it's always at the bottom of the bed) and rest my foot or leg on it. Almost always it stops them. I believe I use Jergens. I don't know why it works, but it does!:cheer . Jan.

Wow that's pretty interesting.

What a great idea. I'm sure sufferers will try anything if it works. Here in the UK we have loads of so called 'Old Wives Tales'.

A few years ago I worked in a Nursing Home as an auxiliary, caring for mostly old ladies. Each had their own remedy. The one for cramp and restless legs was corks. I had to be careful not to smile when getting her out of bed and there displayed was a great bunch of corks. (the sort from winebottles etc.)

Archived