Snowtime Scarf

sprtsbear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for sharing and it is perfect timing for me. We do a secret elf at work and this year I was planning making my theme snowmen. I made the snowman that was on annies attic the other day. We do 4 days of little gifts then something nice for the last day. So this is just perfect. Last year I got the gym teacher, I gave him day 1. 2 muggs and hot chocolate 2. popcorn and bowls 3. movie candy 4. a christmas movie 5. an afgan. With each gift I gave him instructions not to drink or eat anything given to him and that it will all make sense with the last gift. But do you think he read them NOOOOOOOOOOOO. The first day he came to the kitchen wanting milk for his cocoa, It took every ounce of strength for me not to yell at him so I just gave him the milk. When it was all over I asked him why he didnt follow the instructions and he said what instructions. Typical he never opened any of the CARDS. I thought I was being original and it was just lost on him. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hat

Make 2 with black for hat brim.

Ch 21, hdc across for 4 rows. Fasten off.

Hold both pieces together. Start in 4th stitch of both pieces and hdc for 14 stitches with hatband color. Do 3 rows hdc. Go back to black and hdc. Make as long as you wantfor scarf.

I did a few decreases at end of of scarf to make a rounded top to the hat. Decrease 1 stitch at each side to make the top rounded.

I am a little confused:think-- why do you make 2 brims on the hat and then crochet them together? Do you thread the scarf through the two after you put it on?

sprtsbear:

SO adorable! Although I'm already swamped with things the thought is there to try this, thanks for sharing!

With each gift I gave him instructions not to drink or eat anything given to him and that it will all make sense with the last gift. But do you think he read them NOOOOOOOOOOOO. The first day he came to the kitchen wanting milk for his cocoa, It took every ounce of strength for me not to yell at him so I just gave him the milk. When it was all over I asked him why he didnt follow the instructions and he said what instructions. Typical he never opened any of the CARDS. I thought I was being original and it was just lost on him. LOL

If he's married I pity his wife, he sounds like the clueless, square type of male which is my greatest nightmare. :lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been crocheting for about 3 months. I just wondered how to start this scarf. Usually, you chain so many, but this pattern says to Make 2 circles 5 rounds and 2 circles 4 rounds...are those DC or SC...how exactly do I start? Thanks for the patience ahead of time.

This is so adorable...I LOVE snowmen!

Thanks, in advance!

Merry :)

P.S.I'll probably have more questions as I go along!

Ok...here is my progress so far. I have all 4 circles done! I have the hat brim and trim and am starting the scarf...this is an adorable pattern and I thank all of you that have helped this newbie to crochet, along! Thanks a million! I have to get some buttons!

I'm also wondering about that little flower thingy on the trim...sprtsbear didn't write any directions for that...anyone got any ideas for me?

Thanks,

Merry :)

Archived