Precious scrap sack

precious

Ok I'm the FIRST to admit that when I get into a crocheting zone, I get sloppy as to where my clipped threads end up. So I came up with this bag

HPIM1465.jpgHPIM1463.jpgHPIM1464.jpg

It's worked with 2 strands together half way up and single on top. Folded over to make a "bowl" for me to just drop in the ends. When I'm done, Simply unfold and pull drawstring closed. When it's full just empty it in the trash and start filling it up again. Of course I had to explain to my fiance' that I wouldn't be throwing away the bag itself. Just the contents inside. It's also good for putting scissors and needles into in the middle of projects so you don't lose them!:)

That is so cool.

I use a plastic bag, and I usually miss the bag and they hit the floor. The cats decide to grab the yarn ends and run off with them. Then the chase is on because I sure don't want them trying to eat the yarn ends :no:no and they probably would.

I used to but everytime I turn around my fiance' would throw out my plastic bag! At least this way he won't throw it out. He just thinks I have too much time on my hands.

I have a tall narrow metal container with a plastic lid. It came "free" with these creme filled wafer stick things in them. Cleaned it out and it works great. Not as pretty as your bag, but it sure does the job...and holds a LOT too.

Great job that's very cute. I too leave a mess and I have to watch out cause my cats will eat the yarn...

I had the get a hold of a ball of yarn with a WIP on the end, eat the unfinished end off and then hide the WIP... Silly cats.

I've started saving my yarn bits for needle felting and for spinning into yarn for extra color. :)

I love your bag! I kept misplacing my scraps and accidentally threw them away while cleaning and had to start all over!

the colors are great!

I think I'll post the pattern for this later tonight or tomorrow. Depending on how I feel. Rough past couple of days with my asthma. ER's are no fun ya'll. Anyway, keep your eyes peeled. Hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow.

Archived