How do you organize your WIP's?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:laughroll:heehee Organization? What organization? LOL

Ditto

:rofl:rofl:rofl

My chair is surrounded with tote bags of projects and yarn...plus I have a 'to go' bag by the door and yarn and hooks in the car.

My favorite line......'Have Yarn and Hook..Will Travel' :haha:haha

I'm wincing at the thought. I just move them around the house to lessen their intensity as a group. There are too many to consider.

the bedroom and

the living room and

the dining room and

my bag and my other bag and the other bag and

where the stashes are located - don't go there.

Or did I? :blush

I bought a scrapbookers rolling tote for my WIPs but I have yarn all over my room. I was planning on organizing while I was on vacation last week but as I wasn't home but sitting for a cat instead that went out the window. What I did do was buy even more yarn and catch up on my sleep and loaded another chapter of my fanfic. I really want to organize and have tried on many occasions hopefully I can get some method to the madness before the end of the year. I am in retail and this is our busy time so it just might have to wait until 2008! :D

I think I am up to about 3 tote bags. The larger ones just float around in them and the smaller ones are in zip lock bags. I use tags to mark what hook size I am using (not always what the pattern calls for) That way I don't have to have 10 size G hooks.:devil

Gina

Anytime I try to organize I end up back where I was. Shopping and garbage bags work great, lol. But I do hope to eventually have totes for all my stash. For now I have huge clear garbage bags I'll be using to sort everything with, but don't know when yet, lol. :lol

I have "Ziploc Big Bags" for whole skeins of yarn and whole spools of crochet thread, 2 canvas tote bags for "leftovers", and a large vinyl tote bag for small skeins of novelty yarn.

Now all I need is a place to put the bags! :lol

I'm wincing at the thought. I just move them around the house to lessen their intensity as a group. There are too many to consider.

the bedroom and

the living room and

the dining room and

my bag and my other bag and the other bag and

where the stashes are located - don't go there.

Or did I? :blush

:rofl :rofl :rofl:laughroll You just described my home and my WIPs to a tee!

Elle

i keep all of my yarns in those huge ziplock storage bags, my wips are in various smaller ziplocks.. my hooks and supplies are in a make up bag..

i have tons of plastic file envelopes that hold patterns, since most of my projects are fairly small, i am able to just grab the baggie and throw it in my tote bag and out the door i go.

peggy

_WIP_

cradle purse

loom knitted hat

preemie kimono

numerous hats and booties

Finished:

preemie burial gown

tiny thread doily

preemie onesie

I use a basket for my larger projects. I also have another basket filled with yarn and WIP's. I use totes to carry them when im leaving the house, but find baskets hold my yarn in place better when im at home.

WIPs are Work in Progress

My current one is in a little bag that gets toted all over the house to wherever i feel like working on it.

My yarns/threads are all in a big basket in a cupboard.

The rest of the WIPs and motifs are in a bag which is kept on the basket.

i have to be very careful or everything topples over when i open the cupboard! :blush

Great idea on the large ziplock bags. I think I'm going to use that for my statsh instead of totes and store it under the bed. I generally work on 1-2 projects at a time, but small ones. Right now ornaments and making my first pair of mittens, always working on a stuffie too.

I should clarify that I do have some organization to my crochet items :yes

I have my yarn organized in huge totes and in my linen closet according to type and brand of yarn. Yes, it I can still call it a linen closet since I do have 1 shelf with linens on it :lol:lol:lol

I have each WIP in a separate tote bag. I have a tendency to get bored working on the same thing, so I switch between projects.

I also have a small tote bag with cotton yarn and a hook in my car, so if I am stuck waiting somewhere, I can work on a dishcloth.

Let me also add the not all of my items stay organized. I still have books, patterns, yarn, hooks, etc. scattered around. When I bring new yarn home, I don't put it away immediately. So sometimes the bags of yarn pile up fast :lol:lol

And I still need to organize my scrap yarn. That is going to be a HUGE undertaking.

No WIP's here....only one wip! My mom recently gave me all her knitting stuff which included a really really ugly yarn tote...lol...so that's where I keep the yarn I'm using on my one and only WIP! :clap

I have a very cheap but effective means of organization-plastic shopping bags. lol All the things I need (ribbon, etc as well as the yarn) are put in one bag. This does tend to mean I have a few plastic bags sitting around but it works for me. lol Easy to tote too, just grab one and go!

I have actually just recently started organizing my stash. My hubby brought home a few huge plexiglass shelving units and put one in the basement for me. I have my stash sorted by colour. I just won an auction on Ebay for over 100 balls of yarn.....LOL....yeah, I needed those like I need a hole in the head. But I took it all downstairs and sorted it too. I am full to busting. Thank God for all the charity crochet that I do...it may put a small dent in the overflowing shelves.

I have my stash stored in what iI guess you'd call large rolling plastic storage drawers. I have 2 of them each has three drawers. One of the drawers has baby weight yarn (full), the next 2 has soft baby sport weight, the next one has sport weight yarn, and the next has worsted weight and the last has a couple of pounders and some scrap. my next small rolling storage drawers has my floss, buttons ribbons,stitch holders,markers and other small items. I have a few test squares and some small amount of cotton yarn probably enough to to one dishcloth:)

My needles and hooks are in a tote of sorts in the closet along with my completed woks. I use to only work on one thing at a time till I joined this group now I have three kitchen sets ( dishtowels, dishclothes, pot holders and hot pads to finish (weave in ends and put buttons on).

Joan

I'm with you on that Joancrafts! I used to only work on one thing at a time also. But now I have so many WIP's I can't even remember them all! The list in my signature are only the ones I am currently working on, I have probably 4 or 5 more in a basket next to my chair. I keep the ones I am working on in one basket and the ones I am not in individual small brown bags(like the kind you get for icecream at Walmart) in another basket. Each bag is labeled with the project name, and hook size and contains the project, yarn and the pattern if it is printed off.

Archived