Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am getting ready to start row 60 of my Elvis ghan!!!! Its really starting to look good now. Although my bf says it looks like an ink spot...:rofl

Oh, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl

Morning Ladies,

Busy day. My friend Tammy's parents are coming to town to see about her. They don't know their way around town so my services have been requested. I'll take my crocheting with me and hopefully it will still be a productive day in that area.

Have a great day.

I am getting ready to start row 60 of my Elvis ghan!!!! Its really starting to look good now. Although my bf says it looks like an ink spot...:rofl

That's an inkspot a lot of people wish they had in their afghans, :lol

Thanks for compliments folks, now I am off to Joann's (floss on sale this weekend), AC Moore (novelty fur on sale), Ollie's (gotta check out their yarn) and Giant (still gotta eat :blush). Daughter and SIL coming to help me get out of house, getting cabin fever...:coo

Have a good day

Well haven't got anything new done on my ME project becouse ive been working on my Graciebabies RR,i have to go into town this afternoon and get more yarn becouse i ran out of the dark purple.

Ok here is what i have done on it...do you ladies think i should add the 3 rows of red around the out side of it after im done with the Dark purple???Not sure where to go from here but it does need to be a bit bigger.

What would you do???

Clickable

th_Picture007.jpg

Carol - Great work on that purse!!!:clap

Cheerios....an ink spot:eek BF is soooo encouraging, isn't he?:lol

He keeps teasing me about Elvis now,lol. He doesn't understand the obsession. I have gotten further on the ghan and its turning out so good, I'm so happy with it. I'll try to get pics up sometime this week, I have alot going on right now with court and my kids. Hopefully they come home Tuesday...:U:hook:yarn

Well haven't got anything new done on my ME project becouse ive been working on my Graciebabies RR,i have to go into town this afternoon and get more yarn becouse i ran out of the dark purple.

Ok here is what i have done on it...do you ladies think i should add the 3 rows of red around the out side of it after im done with the Dark purple???Not sure where to go from here but it does need to be a bit bigger.

What would you do???

Clickable

th_Picture007.jpg

I like the red in the middle only. I'm not sure why but I really like it like this. I would finish the rest in purple. The red draws you in. Its so pretty...great job!!!!:cheer

What would you do???

Clickable

th_Picture007.jpg

I like the red in the middle only. I'm not sure why but I really like it like this. I would finish the rest in purple. The red draws you in. Its so pretty...great job!!!!:cheer

I agree... I would keep the red in the middle only - it's pretty awesome that way. I would continue the outside in the dark purple only.

That's really pretty, Shaylen. I'd probably go with the dark purple in a wider band on the outside, although I think the red could be quite striking on the outside.

Shaylen, I vote with the majority, by keeping red only in the middle. If it doesn't have to be too much bigger, then stick with the dark purple. Otherwise you might be able to do another series of light to dark again....

It looks very, very pretty!:clap

What would you do???

Clickable

th_Picture007.jpg

Just like it is with red only in middle, It is absolutely stunning this way.

You just proved that the Red Hat society knows it's stuff. What an amazing color combo.

Wow...thanks so much for the response ladies...middle only then it is...i will just add more dark purple and leave it like that...im really amazed at how well it has turned out becouse im not really that good at picking colors.

Thanks for the help!! :hug

Home from shopping trip, had so much fun, even at the grocery. What a great haul, and I saved so much. At Ollie's I picked up some Lion Brand suede in a cream color, for 99 cents each. Got my floss at Joann's for the sale price and picked up some dreamy scraps for lining purses. But the best was AC Moore. I got 95 dollars worth of stuff for only 41.00. The place was packed, but I got 2 Dream silver Cobweb for 1.00 each,

2 Moda Dea Flip Bunny for 1.00 each, 2 Moda Dea Prima Black for 1.00 each, 3 Caron

Shadows Opal Twist for 2.49 each, 4 Millends Cotton 1 pound bags for 5.99 each and a bag of white with green slashes, worsted acrylic for 2.40 (had coupon). Also picked up a Bernat Super Value White for daughter, knit poncho pattern book for grand daughter and a Cars craft book for grandson. Total at reg price was 95.00, but with sale prices and coupons and 10.00 off for spending 50.00+, my total came to 41. Now I can really work on my purses. Happy, Happy.

Not to mention, that I had listed 5 posts in For Sale/Trade section between last night andthis AM & 3 are already spoken for, and I got to make a trade for something someone else listed. And I received two lovely snail mail items from Ville folks today.

I don't know why things are going so good, but I am enjoying every moment of it, because who knows what tomorrow will bring, :lol.

Sorry this is so long, but I just feel so good after being out for awhile, I wanted to share my joy.

Carol, I;m so happy for you!! All of us here can truly understand what it means to bag such goodies...and at such deals!!

Good for you:clap

Carol, I;m so happy for you!! All of us here can truly understand what it means to bag such goodies...and at such deals!!

Good for you:clap

Wow Carol you've had a great day!! I'm so very happy for you! :hug:clap:yay

Thank you Ladies, I sometimes feel guilty about spending so much on my habit, especially when I read about all the folks going through such hard times. I normally get most of my yarn from yard sales or on line auctions.

But I did hunt to find the best buys and used coupons this time so I am trying to console myself with the thoughts that I use alot of my yarn on charities and gifts. Am I being selfish? But it does feel sooo good to buy brand new and brag once in awhile....It's my Christmas gift to me, :D

Archived