Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

It's this yarn called "Marble". Imported, DK yarn in burgundy with some flecks of other colors...too subtle to be even called a variegated. And soooo soft!

I have some of that Marble yarn, it is lovely to work with. I have used it for my grandparents lapghans. I also have it in Burgundy, blue, yellow and pink/grey. :hook

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening ladies. I hope everyone had a great and productive day.

Ines, your new ghan is spectacular. I have no clue how you are making it. Any hints?? ;)

Judy, that sounds like something I would do. Oh, never mind, I don't have a husband anymore :lol:lol

I have 4 of the RR's done for Christmas. That leaves 3 to go :eek

My crocheting is pretty slow right now. It is hard to crochet at normal speed with my finger all bandaged and still sore. But I keep plugging along. I'm sneaking in a small project every now and then. I just finished a new hot pad, but my DD is eyeballing it since it is in shades of pink. Kids :rolleyes

Hi everyone, boy was it cold here today. :wbrr We had our first little snow event but it was not a lot mainly icy streets. :flake Yesterday I went to the yarn store to look at yarn for my RR and to pick up some yarn to make a little baby hat for my grandson. I could not decide on the yarn so I left the store without yarn for my RR. I did go back today for they were having a sale on RH soft yarn so these are the colors I picked for my RR turquoise, teal, fushia and lavender. I have not decided yet on the color arrangement of my RR, I am just happy that I now have the yarn to begin it when I have a chance. For now I will be working on my ripple ghan and the hats for my grandson. Those are the only two WIP that I have. I also am reading up about filet crochet and very soon I will be trying my hands at that. Everyone is making awesome progress on their Me crochet projects. I am so busy taking care of my infant grandson during the week that most of the time I do not have the time to post. So I guess that is the reason for my long post to you now. Hugs and blessings:hug

Cheeria, I love the colors you bought for your RR. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I know how busy you must be with your infant grandson. I remember those days with my grandson (he's 5 now). I miss those days. I hope there will be more grandchildren to come for me.

I really should be using up my 400 plus stash of allsorts of yarn and not thinking about making things that I need new yarn for. :blush

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Cheeria, the RH Soft is so nice! Your colors will be beautiful.

And if you ever need help with filet crochet, I've had some success with it. You can use my email link through here if you want to chat.

Have fun with the baby hats - so many free patterns on the internet!

Good night, ladies - see ya in the morning!

Sigh.

Julie ~ I told you. Didn't I tell you? I don't read here for a crummy (or should I say crumby?) couple or three days and they act up. U-huh.

Male cookies. :eek Uh-huh. MALE COOKIES. OK. So you put this mixture in the pan and bake it, and when it's cool, you cut it in squares. You sure you can't roll it into balls. :lol:devil

OK I'm off to the 4th corner. :eek That can't be ~ but it is ~ the corners are filled. Tabby ... Krystal ... Cara ... Judy. Yup, they're filled.

Joyce

Male cookies. :eek Uh-huh. MALE COOKIES. OK. So you put this mixture in the pan and bake it, and when it's cool, you cut it in squares. You sure you can't roll it into balls. :lol:devil

OK I'm off to the 4th corner. :eek That can't be ~ but it is ~ the corners are filled. Tabby ... Krystal ... Cara ... Judy. Yup, they're filled.

:rofl :rofl

I think I've been in the corner enough, you can have MY spot!

(You deserve it after that! LOL!)

Sigh.

Julie ~ I told you. Didn't I tell you? I don't read here for a crummy (or should I say crumby?) couple or three days and they act up. U-huh.

Joyce

:haha:haha:haha:haha:laughroll

Sigh.

Joyce

:rofl:haha:laughroll:haha:laughroll:haha:rofl

My crochet hook has been flying this weekend, just not for me. Bought the yarn for a pink RR for Kim's mom for Christmas Saturday afternoon and it is now all done except for hiding the tails. Will take a picture of it tomorrow.

Sigh.

Joyce

:rofl :rofl :rofl:devil

Wow Linda, your hook must be smoking to get a RR done that fast.

I've been sitting here going to town on another RR for Christmas and just realized I have messed up the color pattern :eek

So I have to decide if I am going to frog 4 1/2 rows or just rework the color pattern. And here I thought it was going so smoothly :sigh

I'll decide tomorrow after I get some sleep. At least I'm going to try. The wind is howling something fierce tonight, and it is pretty noisy out there.

Good evening ladies. I hope everyone had a great and productive day.

Ines, your new ghan is spectacular. I have no clue how you are making it. Any hints?? ;)

Mel this is just DC for 4 rows with a front post worked on the first row of every new colour. Nothing complicated as I want the colours rather than the pattern to give the effect.

Hi, everyone!

Mel...we're supposed to be getting your fierce winds this afternoon into the wee hours:eek Batten down the hatches, as they say:P

Maybe you can rework the colors instead of frogging? That's such a nuisance....good luck figuring it out.:hug

...and I can leave the corner for the next upstart...I've been a good girl:yes:lol

Good afternoon Ladies.

The wind is still howling out there, but it is finally starting to settle down. I just wish it would have settled down sooner so the temps would go up. It is a whopping 28 degrees outside right now :wbrr:wbrr

I decided not to visit the frog pond, so I am just going to modify the color pattern. I wanted them all to have the same pattern, but it just isn't going to happen like I had planned. Oh well.

Instead of it being 1 row twilight, 2 rows black, 2 rows twilight, 2 rows black, repeat ending with 1 row twilight, from where I am right now I will now do 2 rows black, 1 row twilight, 2 rows black, 2 rows twilight, 2 rows black, 2 rows twilight, 2 rows black and end with 1 row twilight. I think I have that right.

Here is a picture of it.

th_ChristmasTwilight1.jpg

clickable

Here is the one I finished this weekend. This is how the pattern was going to be originally (different color of yarn, of course).

th_ChristmasSageMary2.jpg

clickable

Archived