Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Well I got everything done. I decided to wait until my sons 6th b-day to make him a blanket since its right after Christmas. I just started on my afghan. I have to sc it since I lost my afghan hook a few yrs ago and have yet to find a new one. Wal-mart doesn't sell them...its weird, lol. Anyhow. Its blue and black, an idea from another pattern but different face of Elvis. I'm 10 rows in already and its looking really good. Maybe It'll be my Christmas present if I can get it done.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda - Oh no :( And the RR you made yourself came out so great. You deserve one too :hug

Tabby - No didn't think to snap a photo of Misa in the purse :oops She wasn't happy with me when I moved her. I have a feeling one of these skeins are gonna end up the world's most expensive kitty blanket :lol

Cheerios - I cannot wait to see how this graph ghan turns out!

Ta da! I've made it through the first color repeat of my ripple. It's eight colors and I'm doing two rows of each color and then repeating. I thought of using the stripe generator but I would just end up clicking and clicking and clicking that thing and never deciding. :lol

Hopefully we'll have some sun tomorrow and I can post a picture of how it's turning out.

Love graph ghans:c9

I pulled out the yarn to start Phil's graph ghan...it's going to have the German Shepherd head on the body of it and I'll surround it with squares spelling out the meaningful parts of Phil's work history. Along the lines of the border on the comfortghan I made (my latest avatar). I just need to get a very dark gray - or something similar - for the shading. Oh, well, poor me: I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow and the restaurant just happens to be in the same complex as Michaels, so I guess I'll look there.

Oh that used to happen to me too :yes Until I quit being so cheap and bought a good machine. Only cost about twice what the cheapy ones cost and man oh man! I have actually sewn through leather with that thing! It's great for making handbags, my other weakness next to yarn :blush

Alright, handbags!! That's pretty much the only thing I use my sewing machines for. I love handbags, and love making them.

Poor Judy, I know that's a terrible hardship on you...almost as hard as my having time to kill in Shrewsbury tomorrow evening...right down the road from AC Moore and Joanns. It's tough, but we do what we have to.

Yup, we have to endure so much:lol

Have a good night, Kathy - keep SaraJane warm...temp is dropping again!

Valerie your ghan is beautiful, you did a great job with it.

Linda sorry your going to have to use your ME ripple for someone for xmas. Your so quick with them Im sure you will still be able to make one for yourself.

Judy cant wait to see your graph ghan come to life, your so good at them.

April way to go, ripples are fun arent they.

Valerie - The ghan is great!! I realy like it ,it looks waaaarm

Ashley - Very nice tree!

cara - i will order some from joann or amazon.com cause they`ve got very nice ones with good prices ;)

i can`t wait to see the bag

Morning Ladies,

Ashley, I love your tree. My sister is putting up my tree today.

Linda, Cara, Judy, Ashley, Tabby, Cindy, Julie, Wendy & Athba, thanks for the compliments. However, I can't take credit for the order. I did change the colors but the order is the same as the book "Vanna's Afghans AtoZ" 52 Crochet Favorites. The colors in the book were Silver, Denim Blue, Brick, Midnight Blue & Sandstone.

Just dropped the nieces off at school & work. Going back to bed for a couple of hours and then I'll finish my last square on the Angel in the Clouds ghan that has been laying around for 2 years. I am determined to complete all WIPs while I off work.:yes

Have a great day. Love you guys!:hug

Tab- have fun at the laundry--- i know how excited you are each week to go there-- must be a cute maintenance man working there that's making eyes at you . :D

Linda- sorry you have to give away your ME project, but now you can have all the fun of picking out a new range of colors for another one ( unless you liked those EXACT colors, then you can make a TWIN one for you . )

Cheerio- good luck on the Elvis-ghan. Our walmart has revamped again and has cut down the yarn section. they still have yarn, but not nearly as many varieties as they used to, and you are lucky to find a regular old hook in there, especially if it's a popular size. I havent seen afghan hooks in walmart for years around here .

Cara- sounds like your kitty is a little bit ornery . I bet he is good company though . Always good to have someone around to make you laugh .

April- good for you on the ripple, seems like it's coming along well now.

HideyHo to everyone else-- too many to mention separately and dont wanna leave anyone out . :manyheart

Yep, Cindy

This is kind-of a sickness.

I think we need to invent a new group along the order of AA-- only for people with this yarn affliction and desire to start EVERY PROJECT we see someone else making .

I'm just as guilty as the rest of you,but you guys seem to FINISH your items. I START about 20 for every ONE I finish.

Not a good track record .

I'm just as guilty as the rest of you,but you guys seem to FINISH your items. I START about 20 for every ONE I finish.

No I just don't show or talk about the ones I don't finish :lol :lol

Valerie - I'm so glad you're getting some you time. :hug

Judy - You poor thing :hug Yes, yes it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. You're just so very brave for being the one :lol:wink

Hmmm, I need to think up another ME project :yes I like making things for myself come to find out :lol And I wanna hang around this CAL :D

Got to get going...meeting a friend for lunch at the Greek restaurant and have my mental "to-do" list to finish first. Nearly there.

See ya later...

Archived