Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Morning Ladies,

I hope you're all having a wonderful day. I'm loving this cold, wet and dreary day. I like it very much when I don't have to go to work.

Judy - I'm sorting and organizing also.

Mel - I went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday night also. Bought 18 skeins of yarn. I could kick myself for not buying variegated, only solids. I've decided to try a RR. Oh well, there's the Xmas sales.

Linda - Hope Kim feels better.

I took pictures of my completed "ME" ghan. Have to wait for my nephew to show me how to post it. I also finished a pink baby blanket and half finished with a yellow one. I've pulled out all of my WIPs and plan to complete them before returning to work.

BTW, I get to stay at my store. The Assistant is going to the district store that houses the office of the district manager.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I get to stay at my store. The Assistant is going to the district store that houses the office of the district manager.

Yeah, Valerie! Changing locations is always such a pain.:woo:woo

Judy - Poor Phil you sent him into shock :lol Have fun sorting. If you're like me it'll take days because you have to stop and look at all the pretty patterns and exclaim, "Oh! I forgot about this one!" :lol

That's what's happening every time I pick up a pattern!!;)

And Phil always asks if I'm well when I start organizing!

Do we have pictures of your purse coming up? I'll take a peek at it without handles:D

Mel, only 3 skeins...are you well:think:lol:lol:eek??

Athba, this sounds like another exciting time for you!!! And the men do miss Mom's - you're right!:yes

Hi, Brenda...you've been busy! I guess if I spent less time on the 'puter I would get more things done, too!:blush

Linda, all those squares:eek:eek!!!

I hope Kim doesn't get worse -- good for you, getting on top of it.

Joyce, staying in is a good idea. I just went over to visit my friend's "rescued" pug (who is so cute!) and am now back into comfy clothes for the day!

Valerie, reorganizing must be part of the year-end syndrome... Great news on your job, too:hug I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of everything you've done!

Cheeria - yup,I'm just south of you here in NJ and it's dreary out there....great day for curling up with our yarn:manyheart

Do we have pictures of your purse coming up? I'll take a peek at it without handles:D

I stuffed it with some bags so it'd hold it's shape. The tabs, of course, will wrap around and hold the handles on.

bag1.jpg

judy

mom and DH have very strong relationsjip and i`m so happy

also my familly treat him sooooo goooooood thats why he stays and sleeps alot in moms house :yes

cara

the purse is sooooo beautiful

i have to make one

the FBB is taking for ever to get done :oops

i already have your purse pattern and was planning to start with it :clap

judy

also my familly treat him sooooo goooooood thats why he stays and sleeps alot in moms house :yes

You're very lucky:manyheart

Cara, that bag looks so classy!! Both the color and the style are really sharp. You could start a business selling those. Suede is so beautiful!:c9

Kathy, you make me laugh with your way with words!!:lol:lol:lol:lol

And the RRs are so easy! Once you get it started you don't need to look at the pattern at all. But I'll be here to help if you need it...an excuse (as if we need any) to sit at Starbucks!

I can just picture the two of you sitting at Starbucks crocheting and drinking coffee and chatting at the same time. Sounds great to me.

I did some squares for Mr. Rooster last night. :hen Dark Brown and Dark Green. I think the Dark Green is the last of the colored squares to be crocheted, then it's Buff. There might be a few of the Dark Orange ones still left, too. I really need to start putting some of those squares together or I'm going to find myself with all the squares done and none put together. Oh dear! :eek

Kim's chest is junky, so I'm going to have to give her a bunch of breathing treatments this week. We don't want a repeat of last winter's endless bronchitis/pneumonia.

I hope Kim gets better soon. I cant believe all the squares you have made. Its going to look great.

I stuffed it with some bags so it'd hold it's shape. The tabs, of course, will wrap around and hold the handles on.

bag1.jpg

Cara your bag is just gorgeous. Is it your own design, I love the color.:clap:clap

judy

That is great that your DH has a great relationship with your mum.

I did another 4 rows on the Brite Zebra Ripple last night. I now have yellow, orange, green and pink added and the next color is purple then blue.

Cara, your bag looks great. I like the color and the suede yarn makes it looks so touchable.

I'm going to take a short break from the cardigan and make a lapghan or two. Our ladies club at church chooses a different charity each month to direct that months efforts toward and this month's is a long term care facility. I hope to get at least one made before next Wednesday, which is when this months meeting is. Besides, it gives me a chance to make a ripple something and be just like everyone else! I figure it will be a good way to use up some leftover yarn too.

Cara~I love your purse. :clap The suede looks beautiful. :manyheart I'm going to be doing mine in black suede with the bamboo handles. I thought about a pink one too. This might become addicting. I just have to finish my ME ghan when the lady calls (she said probably tomorrow) & the bus ghan which is well on its way.

Cara~I love your purse. :clap The suede looks beautiful. :manyheart I'm going to be doing mine in black suede with the bamboo handles. I thought about a pink one too. This might become addicting. I just have to finish my ME ghan when the lady calls (she said probably tomorrow) & the bus ghan which is well on its way.

Yeah that suede comes in a lucious pink and purple that would make a great bag :yes There just might be more of these in my future :D

[quote name='judianne'][B]Mel,[/B] only 3 skeins...are you well:think:lol:lol:eek??

[B]Valerie[/B], reorganizing must be part of the year-end syndrome... Great news on your job, too:hug I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of everything you've done!

In my case no, had an assitant that wanted my store because of location and profitability. It's catergorized as a low volume store. However, it is a booming low volume. Also the management makes the difference. My bonus pool in July was doubled what the manager before me had in 12 months last year.

His lying caught up with him.:no

I will post pictures as soon as I get my lesson.

Cara- very pretty ! How'd you like working with the suede and what size hook does it take for that yarn ?

Well, if I'd realized first that the suede is bulky (5) not worsted (4) it would've probably been better :blush I ended up having to use a G hook instead of the I the pattern calls for. I started with the I and it worked up really well but the G was a bit rough. Oh and it's a bear to frog. You gotta go slow. I snap a piece. I was ticked!

Cara

Thanks for the update on the suede. I have never tried it. For some reason, I don't have much luck with the fancy yarns. It seems harder to get used to using them, but they certainly do turn into some beautiful projects.

Are you gonna line the purse ? Is it stretchy or really thick and solid feeling ?

Julie I was gonna ask the very same thing.

I hate lining things, one of my least favorite things to do.

My zebra ripple is going well and I have a question for all you experts out there, that are so color coordinated. My ripple now has 2 rows of yellow, orange, green, pink, purple, blue, with one row of zebra yarn in between. Now do I keep going back with the yellow and start again or do I do a few rows of zebra yarn like I did in the beginning and then pick up with the yellow. Or maybe do a few rows zebra yarn then do all the colors in a row without the zebra.

it all depends on if you have enough yarn to go through the pattern again..... I have done afghans in all different ways ... sometimes I repeat the pattern from the beginning including the extra rows... sometimes I just repeat the pattern with the 1 row between... sometimes I do the pattern in reverse...

good morning .. good afternoon .. good evening depending upon where you live...

I have been busy finishing the graphghan I'm doing for my soon to be great nephew... I have 6 of the baseball team logos squares made... Mommy and Daddy have actually seen 13 different baseball teams play at the stadiums but it's kind of hard to make a ghan with 13 squares... I put it aside and just realized that the baby shower is this saturday.. yikes... I should have it done with no problem though... I have a question.. I need to have a color to go around the squares do you think white would be good... the squares are all different colors depending on the team colors... for instance I have like 3 different shades of blue, black, red,

I also have to make a bunch of scrubbers for Mom to sell at the church bazaar... they are made out of nylon netting... cut into 2 inch strips... tied together and then crocheted into a scrubber..

Shelly that graph ghan sounds terrific! Where did you get the pattern for the logos?? I love making graph ghans:manyheart

I think bordering it in white would be perfect - makes the other colors pop. I would have suggested a navy or royal blue, but not with the colors of the other squares.

Wendy, if you're near the end of the ghan I might just use the brights to make a finishing border and not use much zebra yarn at all. IMO...

Archived