Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Good morning, ladies,

Some of you aren't on the SKY CAL, where I just posted this comfortghan pic...so...

th_HPIM0319.jpg

Cheerie and Cindy - you may be tired, but you're blessed to have grandbabies. I know you know that...give them kisses for me (a wannabe GM...but want DS MARRIED, first!)

Linda, I know that bright yellow you need - it's so cheerful, esp for the upcoming winter!

Ines - your scrap projects are beautiful!! One day I hope to start using my leftovers. I always seem to be starting new projects where I "have to" buy more yarn!

Mel, YAY for you on the scarf!!

Carol, I cracked up at Lisa's account of the AC attack! Is she on the 'ville too?

Now to work on the prayer shawl today...and then get back to my own ME project!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judianne that is a work of art. The colours are wonderful and the script letters make it very personal. I have not been to the Sky CAL but I presume this is for someone special.

Thanks for admiring my 'ghans. I am on a mission to use up some of the yarn I have in my collection. I am also going through a random colour phase and I am enjoying mixing colours and not worrying if I have enough of the colour I am using.

Wendy- I have had a peek at your Christmas Ripple. Beautiful!!

Misa - The Fall Afghan is very impressive.

April - I have been admiring that Ripple for a while. When I returned to crocheting after not having done any since the 70s I made a few Ripples for my daughter and nephews. I love the soft wave effect of this one and the colours are gorgeous.

The baby doll outfit, the ripple, the ..... I almost get side tracked every time I see another gorgeous piece. But no:no !!!! I must stay on task. All the show and tell is very impressive.

Yesterday I took a photo of my Granny Garden so far and then ended up spending the day in bed. Some tummy bug. Today DH is down, I must have passed it on to him. The photo is not the best but it shows the random colours I am using.

2953806050058018460LjlRYl_th.jpg

Today I have been working on my Scrap Granny. For this one I am also using scraps from the pile I have.

2820867470058018460IqLmyh_th.jpg

Ines~Love your Granny ghan, it is beautiful. :clapI love seeing how people's different color combos can make a ghan look completely different. :cheer Your scrap granny is coming along beautifully also. Great job! :clap

Judy~Absolutely beautiful, your graph ghan turned out gorgeous. Great job!:clap:cheer:clap

Karen~Love the colors in your ghan, it is beautiful. Great work.:cheer:clap:cheer

Carol~Your DD's story about the Abusive AC is hilarious. I can just imagine you both laughing histarically as you're getting attacked by this thing. Oh, to be a fly on the wall........ :lol

Good morning ladies :flower

Judy - The comfort ghan is awesome! Great job :clap

Karen - Your blanket is coming along great! Looking good :tup

I'm about at the halfway point on my blanket :yay Got another 13 rows done before bedtime so that's a total of 90 rows. Another 100 or so to go :hook At this rate, I might have it done by this time next week :yes

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Judy, that comfort ghan is amazing. I've got to get my hooks going in overdrive for Christmas stuff, as I opened my big mouth and said I'd make three kids afghans, and now my future dil wants infant and kid stuff for the kids on her caseload at DYFS. The caseworkers try to make sure newborns that are being taken to foster care have something nice to wear, besides the hospital jumpsuit they're sent home in.

Kathy - Have you noticed how requests for items come in droves? Seems like everyone wants something at once :lol

I took an updated photo of my blanket so far...that's Tuon our kitten in the photo :cat

me1004.jpg

Beautiful work, ladies. The things we all come up with never cease to amaze me. Everything is so gorgeous and it's nice that we are keeping them for ourselves this time. :cheer:clap:cheer

The abusive a/c story is delightful.:lol

I'm tired today, so don't know how much I'll get done on anything. Progress report later. Have a great day!:hug

Thanks, everyone...I have some ends to snip on the ghan that were stirred out of place by washing and drying it...I'll be mailing it out tomorrow.

Kathy - I think you're over-extended, like I was.

Maybe you should make your Xmas list into a Valentine's list??:lol:lol

April I love that ripple ghan, its amazing and a great way to get rid of scraps.

Are you going to make that one.

I'm definatly going to make a ripple afghan using that same soft ripple pattern. I'm still trying to figure out which yarn I want to use and what sort of colors.

It's a good thing that I can't start of my afghan until after my holiday crochet is done...It's going to take that long for me to decide on everything! :lol

I'm definatly going to make a ripple afghan using that same soft ripple pattern. I'm still trying to figure out which yarn I want to use and what sort of colors.

It's a good thing that I can't start of my afghan until after my holiday crochet is done...It's going to take that long for me to decide on everything! :lol

Once you decide on it all, I'd be curious as to how you're going to "soften" the ripple design so it's less exaggerated...just call me nosy:D

Hello! I'm going to get in on this CAL! I have FINALLY decided it's time to start making some items for ME, and I have so far made a pair of slippers (Knit) and a hat and scarf set (Crochet)! I was going to make myself a round ripple afghan, but my Autumn Secret Pal (Vickietoria) already made me one! The next item I plan to make is this . . .

http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/140.html

Now to decide which yarn to use!!

Suzanne, welcome to our little corner of the world!:hug

The first yarn that came to mind when I saw that pattern was bamboo yarn - it's so soft!! My Spring SP made me a lightweight shawl out of it and it drapes so beautifully!

Lucky you, being gifted a RR! Use it in good health:manyheart

Shay - Thanks for the link. It's sad but I just can't get that spread outta my mind. I just know I'm gonna end up making one. My cats would love it :lol

Tab - Thanks hon :hug Yep if anything crocheted is on the floor or left on a chair she's right on top of it. Next project needs to be a little blankie for her :lol

Suzanne - Welcome to the group! :hug Excellent pattern choice on the poncho. Very pretty!

Judy - That bamboo yarn is the next one I'm gonna try :yes Think it was Heather who was using it and just couldn't say enough good things about it :yes

I know Cara...i laid in bed all last night not able to sleep telling my-self that i should finish the one i started...but i just couldn't get it out of my head and how great it would look on my bed and found myself digging for the pattern this morning and planing colors,its a sad thing i tell you :ohdear

This is all Aprils fault :blink

Archived