Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The one good thing about my crocheted rugs is they are washable. I used Caron Pounders for the blue round one, and it's softer than ever, just perfect under my computer desk to keep my toes cushy and cozy.

sounds good, might have to try that the next time I need a rug...

Poor Mel...I hope your visit to the frog pond is quick and painless:hug

Thanks Judy. I was at the pond and it was quick, but not painless. My DS was visiting, I showed him what I did and told him I had to frog all those rows. A few minutes later I showed him the yarn I frogged and he said he couldn't believe how fast I took it apart and it was a shame I couldn't crochet that fast :rolleyes Kids these days.

I have redone my boo-boo (actually there were two....I missed a stitch then missed putting the dc in the turning chain :eek) and am on my way to finishing it. I just hope I have enough white...it will be close.

Carol, your rug is really pretty. I like the square design you used. I still don't know how you can let people step on it though!!!

I'm going to work on a tote for myself tonight. I don't need one, but I love bags of all sorts. I'll think of something to do with it.

Carol, your rug is really pretty. I like the square design you used. I still don't know how you can let people step on it though!!!

:lol I haven't put it on the floor yet...I got it as far as the kitchen chair and it is hanging on it now. I know it has to go on the floor, but I just keep hesitating. I keep telling myself, later....:D:yes

WDILT? It does't matter if you were in Walmart and Lowes yesterday, DH will always manage to find hundreds more things we 'need' and unfortunately he is right 9 times out of 10. Of course, now he has to understand how much I 'need' more yarn. Especially if I do get a job down here soon. Pray I have luck tomorrow, I'm calling my old boss and asking if she has anything for me.

Carol, I know what you are going through with the rug. It was hard for me to put my first rug down that I made. Since you are putting yours in the kitchen, have you thought of using scotch guard on it? That way if something gets spilled on it, it will be easier to get the mess off of it.

Cindy, you can never have too many totes. I need to eventually make myself one.

Kathy, good luck in getting the job.

I finished MY 2 strander tonight. Now I need to finish DS's 2 strander, then I can get back to my scrapie wave ghan.

I was looking for a certain skein of yarn earlier and I came across a RR ghan I was working on last year when I was making all of the Christmas RR's and had forgotten about. It was going to be a Christmas present, but I changed my mind when I realized that the colors were wrong for everyone. OOPS :blush

Maybe I will finally get my own RR, even though it is not the colors I would normally use for myself.

There ya go, Mel....something for YOU!! ...but you are allowed to make yourself somethong you absolutely love, too, you know:yes

Kathy, good luck with getting your old job back:hug

Morning Judy...I'm going to have to put the job hunt off for a couple hours, haven't slept yet, thanks to my back. It feels fine now, but the pain meds are like speed for me, if I take them they keep me up all night. Oh well, Monday morning is a bad time to call her anyway, with all the faxes from Saturday afternoon to Monday morning built up, plus problems; she'll have more time to talk later in the day.

Morning Ladies.

I have done a few rows on the RR. I am now off to run a few errands. The winter storm that is heading our way seems to be picking up intensity and if the forecast from the 1 meteorologist I trust holds true, we are looking at a lot of snow. I need to get my meds refilled since the weather has my back and other areas hurting more than usual. And when I hurt like this, it is usually a bad storm on the way. Last year I felt like this and we got lots of snow, then 2 days later had an ice storm, then another round of snow. It will be an interesting 24-36 hours.

Mel, I hope you don't get buried in the nasty white stuff, but backs are darn good barometers most of the time. Mine is having fits cause it suddenly got seasonably cold after a warm spell, and it's going to rain in another day or two. I'm usually worse a day before storms, and by the time it storms the worst of it seems to be over.

Carol, I know what you are going through with the rug. It was hard for me to put my first rug down that I made. Since you are putting yours in the kitchen, have you thought of using scotch guard on it? That way if something gets spilled on it, it will be easier to get the mess off of it.

Oh wow, didn't even think of it. And I have an unused can sitting here in sewing cabinet. Thanks, Mel.

WDILT? It does't matter if you were in Walmart and Lowes yesterday, DH will always manage to find hundreds more things we 'need' and unfortunately he is right 9 times out of 10. Of course, now he has to understand how much I 'need' more yarn. Especially if I do get a job down here soon. Pray I have luck tomorrow, I'm calling my old boss and asking if she has anything for me.

Prayers going your way....

Awwww...Carol...maybe use it by the side of your bed:)

It's on the floor by the sink where it belongs. Going to spray it with the scotch guard in a few minutes. Spent 3 days moving stuff and cleaning to get ready for the new furniture. Got the furniture moved (sort of musical couches, DD needed a convertable couch for her spare room [getting company in March] and I had convertible love seat but wanted couch. Best friend buying new couch, so she gave me her couch and I gave love seat to DD, and DD threw her old junky couch in trash. :lol talk about recycling). Everyone is happy, but it took all day and 3 families plus a neighbors truck to get it all done. The couch I got is also a convertible and opens to a king size bed, so you can imagine how heavy it was, and we were soooo cold. I couldn't do lifting or driving so I just moved small stuff out of the way and directed the flow of people coming and going. and provided food.

BTW, DH hates new couch, says it is too cushy in the back :sigh

I finally got around to taking pictures of MY 2 strander. It is so warm. I like the way it turned out.

th_ShadesOfGreen2Strander1.jpg

th_ShadesOfGreen2Strander1a.jpg

clickable for details

It has started snowing here and it isn't even the 'actual' winter storm yet. We could get hammered with lots of snow....this could get real interesting.

Judy, thank you. It was a little rough turning it the last color block. Especially when the cat decided it was his blanket and had to lay on it when it was hanging off of my lap and on the floor. Both cats love it. Guess I have to share it with them :lol

super blankie, Mel, looks real cuddly.

snowing here and building up too...

finished the slipper sox for great grandson, so now I will be alternating between finishing the boucle shawl and working on squares for a baby afghan. They are two of my 3 UFOs

I really want to start March fresh with something brand new. I have my pick me up ghan left, and then have some toys, a cotton shawl and another purse on my WIM list.

super blankie, Mel, looks real cuddly.

snowing here and building up too...

finished the slipper sox for great grandson, so now I will be alternating between finishing the boucle shawl and working on squares for a baby afghan. They are two of my 3 UFOs

I really want to start March fresh with something brand new. I have my pick me up ghan left, and then have some toys, a cotton shawl and another purse on my WIM list.

You will NOT be bored!:lol ...which is the way I like to live my life...;)

Thank you ladies. Hilly has been using it today. She had a snow day today and is cuddled up under it watching TV. Too bad I don't get a snow day....I have to go to work at 3:30. Our storm wasn't as bad as everyone thought...we got about 3 inches of snow then got sleet and freezing rain, and now it is just plain old cold rain. The temps will drop later and we have the chance of more sleet, freezing rain and snow tonight. The drive home could be a little tricky.

Have a great day ladies :flower

Archived