judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning. :coffee

To you, too...

BTW, K, having trouble with Yahoo messenger - have to get it back up:think

Karen, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Mel - That's a very clever idea about the blanket on the car. Hope it worked and you weren't late :hug

Shelly - Fablous square! :clap Man oh man what a mess o' snow! :eek Did Haley make that little bag? Great job on it! :cheer

Judy - You're just zipping right along on that ghan aren't you? Excellent work! :clap

Good Afternoon Ladies :flower

I hope I don't miss anyone, and if I do, I apologize :hug

Karen, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Shelly, that is a lot of snow you got. It sure looks pretty. Your Granddaughter's are beautiful. Love your block.

Judy, sounds like you are making great progress :clap

Tammy, welcome to the group.

Carol, sounds like you are on the right track with making your list. I think may have to do that too, since I get sidetracked with new projects and my pile of WIP's keeps growing.

Linda, congrats on finishing your 3SPRR :cheer:clap

Cindy, can't wait to see the shawl. It took me about 4 months to make a shawl because I kept putting it on hold for other things.

Well, I made it to work on time today. The car had a hard time starting, but it finally did. When I left at 5:30 AM, it was +1 degree with a wind chill of -20. I felt like a popsicle when I got back in from starting the car. I hope there are no more mornings that cold, cause these old bones can't take the cold. Right now it is a balmy 12 degrees.

My DS called me from college the other day and told me he bought a new external hard drive for his laptop, and asked me to crochet him a cozy for it :lol. I am almost done with it. I really like the way it turned out. I will take a picture of it before he takes off with it.

Shelly great pictures, love the little bag and wow thats a lot of snow. Must have taken awhile to get a path from your door.

Mel it sure is cold where you are. Its 28C here just lovely. Thats cute that your son wants a cozy for his external hard drive. We have one of them and never thought to make a cover for it.

Here is a picture of the hard drive case I made for DS. I still have to put the button on it, but can't until I can find my sewing needles. I have plenty of needles for weaving in yarn ends, but not for sewing on buttons :lol

I made it 2 strands...orange and black in DC. He originally wanted blue and gold for his college colors, but those colors are in use for his 2 strand ghan, so he decided to go with Cincinnati Bengals colors. I used SC to sew up the sides. Not to shabby for something I just winged and whipped up quickly.

th_HardDriveCase1.jpg

th_HardDriveCase1a.jpg

click for bigger pics

Hello Krystal and Wendy...

Good evening Judy...

Cindy I am eager to see your black shawl...

So glad you are feeling better Karen...

Hi and bye Valerie...catch you another day...take care

Wow, Shelly, how much snow did you get??? The bag is so cute, and the girls are even cuter...

Mel, your case looks sharp with those colors. Never bored with anything anyone says here. But sometimes get names messed up if I don't jot them down. The pics stay in my head, :lol, at least something stays there.

Daughter came and gave me 5 skeins of Brilliant and 1 skein of cream rug yarn to help me with finishing the rug. The she took me to AC moore, and I wound up with 2 skeins of Mill end yarn. Someone had torn open the bag and took some out so the saleslady said I could have it for half price. I liked it alot as it reminded me of Caron's SS shadows line.

I did one more WUA patch, 4 motifs for my rug, and one small toy between last night and this am, so it doesn't look like my plan for catching up will be completed today. I may have to cut down on the amount of patches per month to one every 3 days until I can get some of my other obligations caught up.

Hi, K and Carol!

I finally wrote down what I hope to be able to do with my charity crocheting this year...and my personal projects. It should all be doable. All I need is a little self-discipline:blush...one can always hope:D

WDILT?

I learned that when a pattern doesn't look right, there's always fudging!

Amen! ...that happens to be a way of life for me at times....:lol

WDILT: there are still good people in the world... hubby was out shoveling and some guy with a plow on his truck stopped and plowed out the end of both driveways and took off before hubby could even thank him

WDILT: there are still good people in the world... hubby was out shoveling and some guy with a plow on his truck stopped and plowed out the end of both driveways and took off before hubby could even thank him

Restores your faith in humankind:yes:c9

'nite...:hug

Hunky Buns used to snowplow in high school and college. Quite often on the way home (after plowing all night), he'd see some person with no right to be shoveling and do that. Sometimes the person would complain, though - some people... :think.

Judy, does that mean we won't be hanging out in Starbucks when I come home? or that we an stay longer, just bring our hooks and projects????

I'm having a senior moment...why wouldn't we hang out at Starbucks?? The place would have to burn down before that would ever happen. Remember...I did get their very first credit card:D

Hunky Buns used to snowplow in high school and college. Quite often on the way home (after plowing all night), he'd see some person with no right to be shoveling and do that. Sometimes the person would complain, though - some people... :think.

Some people don't know how to handle being on the receiving end of a good deed - they'd rather be the giver...my Phil is just such a person.

Archived