Hotpads

HomekeepingGran

I know I haven't been around much lately, but at last my crochet mojo has returned. I decided I had had enough of the melted acrylic hotpads in lurid colors residing in my hotpad/potholder drawer. Hence, my crochet for this week: a coordinating set of double-sided hotpads which should take care of all or nearly all of my needs.

hotpads.jpg

Very pretty. I plan to do a set for a friends hope chest. Yes, she's hoping that one day she is blessed with a home of her own, and possibly a husband, and diligently collecting things until that time comes. Smart girl.

Those are great! The really cool thing I like about this pattern is you can do so many sizes with it. I've made a bunch of coasters and my mom took one of the thick cotton hot pads I made to put under one of her knees for when she does yoga! :)

I love that pattern, and finished one in white not too long ago, myself. I haven't posted about it here though yet. I need to make some for myself, too. (The one I made I gave to someone...) Great job, and I love all the different colors. Reminds me of my Granmda's Fiestaware, for some reason... :manyheart

Tina

Thank you, ladies!

losingmymind, does your friend have a color scheme selected already? The kitchen cottons come in such a wide range of colors that you could easily coordinate with her plans.

Sockmad, the versatility in sizing is a pretty cool feature of this pattern, isn't it?

Thank you for the color comments, mimicat, Mom w/a Motif and livedinalaska! I guess I hadn't thought too much about Fiestaware, but these colors would go well with them! My dishes are plain white and I use different tablecloths and napkins depending on the season. I'm thinking I might toss in a blue hotpad, too, for spring and summer.

The sizes are one reason this pattern is so great, parisjem. You can match to anything you own!

Yes, the cotton is going to be so nice, hhensler. It won't melt and look funky like my other pads did. This little project does refresh my hotpad drawer!

Hi Carla

Yes, she wants blues in her kitchen. That's easy enough to do with all the lovely color choices available. I even found some double weight cotton in varigated blues to make hotpads with. Should keep fingers and tables nice and safe.

Thank you, cupcake and angie! angie, I don't know this for sure, but it would seem as though I was done but when I folded them down they would not make a square until I put at least another row around. Sometimes they would feel done but not square up without two rows more. I guess it's easy to pull them shut when they really need more stitches. Plus, the very act of sewing pulls them together a bit which could skew them if they don't have enough rows. At least that is what I thought. Maybe someone with more experience with them than I can give a better answer.

Thank you, Roli! Do you suppose Martha would be interested in the pattern if I sent her the link, LOL?

Betty, I spent last week at my mother's and made three for her while there. I think the really great thing about this pattern is that once you understand how to do it, you no longer need the instructions. Your friends are gonna love getting them, too!

Thank you, Marcia. I used one last night when I got home and it worked splendidly. I hope you enjoy yours!

I have been trying to find the instructions for doing this hotpad. Every time I try to load it I get a Oooops can't find the page. Could someone give them to me please.

Thank.....

Trish

Archived