Christmas Stocking... yes ALREADY!

RunningMommy

Haha, my hubby is making fun of me for working on Christmas stuff already. I just keep telling him that if I don't do it now it will never get done.

Anyway, here's the first of 3 stockings I'm making for my family. Each one is going to be the same except they will each have a different applique. This one is a Christmas tree. There will be one with a candy cane and one with a ginger bread man. Then I want to embroider our names on the tops with some gold-looking thread...

I still am not finished... I'm heading out to Michael's to get some embellishments... I'm thinking a little gold star and some ornaments for the tree and then I'm going to line the inside with some kind of Christmas-ey fabric.

Here's what I have so far...

IMG_0102-5.jpg

That is soooo cute!! I know what you mean about getting Christmas gifts made NOW!!:lol I wish I could have worked on my Christmas afghans this past summer, BUT IT WAS TOOOOO HOT!! So now I am working on them morning, noon and night!!!!:eek

OHhh...its cuter then the Lion pattern!...lol Great Job :yes

Did you use the same size hook as Lion did?

Nope, I went up to a "K" hook since I typically crochet pretty tight. I'm glad I did because I wouldn't want it any smaller :)

Very pretty! I saw a pattern for stockings at Wal-Mart next to the Christmas yarn. Was it easy?

It was SOOO easy. I had it done in one evening. Now I just need to finish the other 2 and add finishing touches to all of them :)

Archived