100's of Magazines

My Great Aunt who is battling Lung and Brain Cancer just gave me her Crochet magazines that she has been collecting for the past 25 years. I am in Crochet Heaven Right now. I now have in my possession every magazine from

Magic Crochet

Decorative Crochet

Crochet Fantasy

10cent Patterns from the 1940's

Many Annie's Attic

Elizabeth Hiddlesson

and sooooo much more!!!

I don't even know what to do with all these...I will never have to buy another magazine ever again!!!318546ef64c2.jpg63873c0b72ea.jpgand while thumbing through some of the magazines I found "Magaret's Bedspread" in a 1981 Family Circle Magazine, photo dated "Family Circle 2/24/1981 page 73"

2204fc48412e.jpg

Oh my gosh!! What a treasure your great aunt has passed on to you! I wish her well in her health struggle. I'll bet she was glad to know she had someone to pass her crochet library on to that would appreciate it and make good use of it.

And in case you decide you can't keep them all, i'd be happy to give a good home to the Magic Crochet, Crochet Fantasy, and decorative Crochet;) ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your Great Aunt, but how loving of her to give you her collection! Now, when you read through those pages, you'll feel her love for you and crochet :heart ! Enjoy your reading (:book )!

And remember, no buying any more magazines (:wink)....

PS: Like magiccrochetfan, I'd be happy to give a good home to at least one of the Crochet Fantasy magazines in case you decide you can't keep them all: specifically the issue that contains Prudence Mapstone's freeform jacket/coat.

That is so special. Before I could get my aunt's patterns her house burned down after she pasted away. I hate to think of all the patterns and things that was burned. I know you will treasure the things you received so much I know I would.

Your Great Aunt must realize how much you love to crochet and what a beautiful job you already do, and she knows that you will treasure these magazines. :manyheart I am sorry to hear that she is so ill and pray that her illness doesn't cause her too much discomfort.

Wow! What a treasure trove that is! I'm very sorry to hear of the circumstances under which you ended up with these lovely items, but how wonderful for you that they are yours!

Elle

Just having the magazines would be great, but having them given to you as part of your family heritage enhances the value astronomically. You are blessed, both by the pattern books and by your aunt's kindness. I hope her last days will be easy--you will always remember her when you use those books.

What a wonderful legacy she left to you, I know you will treasure it always.

I have told my daughters, ( both know how to crochet, but are not the addict I am ) that when something happens to me, don't put my patterns and books in a garage sale, please give them to someone that has the passion for crochet that I do.

Archived