what to make for "sisters" baby?

("s because shes not really my sister, just someone ive known forever and whos been adopted into my family)

my "sister" just found out shes 3 weeks pregnant with her second child :D

shes due in may, obviously we dont know the gender yet

i want to make the baby something but im not sure what to make, i dont want to make a blanket because she has tons of blankets

and i have to be careful not to make anything too warm because her first baby is hot stuff, shes always sweating

we had her in the carseat in may for like 20 minutes, when we took her out the seat behind her head was soaked

i was thinking of making an open stitch (not mesh, but not solid stitches) cotton sweater

im not gonna bother with booties because her baby never wears stuff on her feet

I've been seeing lots of patters for crochet blocks, stars, etc. , little puffies baby can hold onto and suck on when big enough. Didn't someone on here make a mobile of the solar system? How about a mobile of stars? How about a diaper bag? Bibs? Cloths to wash baby? All can be made of cotton, so easily washable and nothing hot. Patty

I've been seeing lots of patters for crochet blocks, stars, etc. , little puffies baby can hold onto and suck on when big enough.

i'll keep that in mind

she aleady has a mobile, diaper bag, and plenty of clothes to wash the baby

and actually never used bibs :think

Even if she has lots of blankets, a small afghan is something she can have as a keepsake and pass down through the family. Hats are great too. In the winter, it seems like I was always looking for my kids hats, they seemed to vanish, or get thrown into muddy snow. Yuk.

Why not some ami's...just embroider the eyes instead of using the plastic ones. Something they can have even later to play with. I know my almost 3 year old tries to take the ami's I make before they are even done, even if they aren't intended for her:lol

Even if she has lots of blankets, a small afghan is something she can have as a keepsake and pass down through the family. Hats are great too. In the winter, it seems like I was always looking for my kids hats, they seemed to vanish, or get thrown into muddy snow. Yuk.

she basically told me not to make a blanket because she has so many

she litterally has a dresser and trash bag full, plus some in the closet, and with her baby being so warm there really isent any need for um

ive also never seen her baby in a hat

she doesnt take her out much, when she needs to go out she has her mom or my grandmom babysit

Why not some ami's...just embroider the eyes instead of using the plastic ones. Something they can have even later to play with. I know my almost 3 year old tries to take the ami's I make before they are even done, even if they aren't intended for her:lol

idk maybe...

i guess an outfit or a toy would be best

She said no blankets, but I would ask her if she would like a personalized one with the baby's name in the middle. She might change her mind. You make it the colors of the nursery. Just a thought. :hook

Is she going to find out what gender the baby is before he/she is born? You'd have more direction to go in if she does, but if not you'd have to make two items or something neutral for either sex. I think the easiest would be a toy since you can make a brown horse or black dog or whatever that would work for either.

Another thing too....just because her first baby was really hot the second baby may not be. If she has tons of blankets she doesn't use, maybe she would like to donate some and then she'd have room for a personalized one from you. Good luck!!! (I'm in the same boat...crocheting some boy things in case this baby is a boy since I already have a ton of girl things I made for my daughter.)

when i was leaving joanns today i had this idea! how about car seat strap covers? i know i used them for both my kids but i bought mine. never thought about making them until some brilliant co-villiager made some for her car. (if i find the post during my wonderings tonight i will add it)

when i was leaving joanns today i had this idea! how about car seat strap covers? i know i used them for both my kids but i bought mine. never thought about making them until some brilliant co-villiager made some for her car. (if i find the post during my wonderings tonight i will add it)

I found the link:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43395&highlight=seat+belt

and here is the link to her website also:www.christinascrochethaven.com

Hope these help!

:D my 20 year old does that too....

I was also going to suggest an amigurumi, I've also used felt circles...sewn on, as baby-safe eyes.

Is she going to find out what gender the baby is before he/she is born?

Another thing too....just because her first baby was really hot the second baby may not be. If she has tons of blankets she doesn't use, maybe she would like to donate some and then she'd have room for a personalized one from you. Good luck!!! (I'm in the same boat...crocheting some boy things in case this baby is a boy since I already have a ton of girl things I made for my daughter.)

well she hasent said anything either way but she found out with the first

yeah i know, im just trying to use the first as a sort of guide

i think shes just gonna keep the blankets and use them for her future baby or give them to friends/family

who knows this winter the first may start useing them

car seat strap covers

good idea but like i said she doesnt take the baby out much

Since you have a lot of time, how about a Christening gown?

maybe, so far i havent seen any i was fond of, i'll research a bit

How about a Christmas stocking?

nah i dont care for the look of those

Archived