Pattern for Rosebud Bracelet...

hhensler

Okay everyone...here goes...if you test this pattern, please post a picture of yours, and let me know how it works. It's my first pattern, so I'm sure it is probably chaotic and full of flaws. Really, you can use any colors, flowers or leaves you like...there are so many possibilities here. Just think of all the different little embellishments you could use...anyway, here's the one for the rosebud...

Rosebud bracelet pattern:

Materials needed: size 12 steel crochet hook, size 6 steel crochet hook, one “sew-on snap”

Crochet cotton needed: ecru, rose, green

BRACELET:

Separate snap into two halves.

Using size 12 crochet hook, attach ecru thread into any hole in one half of the snap, ch 1, sc in same hole,

Ch. 2 (2sc in next hole, ch 2) 3 times, one sc in first hole, join with sl st to first sc.

CHANGE TO SIZE 6 HOOK

Ch 5, dc in base of ch 5

Ch 3, 2 dc in ch 5 sp, dc in 3rd ch from base

Ch 3, dc in next 2 dc, dc in ch 3 of turning ch.

Ch3, dc in next 2 dc, dc in ch3 of turning ch.

Repeat to desired length…

Ch 3, skip 2 dc, dc in ch3 of turning ch

CHANGE TO SIZE 12 HOOK

Sc in first hole of 2nd half of snap, ch 2 (2sc in next hole, ch 2) 3 times, one sc in first hole, join with sl st to first sc.

Fasten off.

NOTE: be sure when crocheting to your snaps that you have the proper side of the snap facing you as you work. If you attach them backwards, your bracelet wont close - I know from experience!

VINES:

With size 6 hook, and green thread, ch 10 (or desired number of stitches between leaves) ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, slip stitch in next ch. Ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, slip stitch in same ch as last slip stitch.

Repeat to length necessary to embellish bracelet. Fasten off.

ROSE BUDS:

With size 6 hook, and rose ch 7, join with slip stitch to form a ring, ch 1, 2sc in ring, 2 hdc in ring, 3dc in ring, ch 3, slip stitch in top of last dc, 3dc in ring, 2hdc in ring, 1 sc in ring, join with slip stitch in first sc.

Fasten off.

You can attach buds to vines, and vines to bracelet using hot glue, or by tediously sewing…I hot glued. I used a high temp. mini glue gun. If you go this route…use VERY SMALL amounts of glue… I also starched mine, but do as you like. Some people starch, some don’t - it’s kind of a personal thing…

It was really very nice of you to give us this pattern! I love the bracelet! I think it's very pretty and I can't wait to make myself one! Thanks so much! :hug

Elle

You've inspired me to go find some snaps so I can make one of these (or more than one!) I've got the materials on hand other than that. I'll be sure to post my results when I'm done. Hopefully I can make one by the end of the day!

~ Lori

Hey, if you would add a picture to your pattern, or post the picture and the pattern in the same post in the Original Patterns section, I'd love to link to this pattern on CPC.

Just make sure to PM or email me if you do so...I would get the link up pronto.

Thanks!!!

Archived