Other crafts?

I think one leads to another. For instance, I crochet (mainly) but then I needed stitch markers, so I bought beads, wire, etc. and now I'm a beader. I also saw some adorable crochet hooks with polymer clay figures on them, so I am now a polymer clayer (is that a word?). I am a photographer (for real) which helps in my digital imagery. I'm a collector of teapots, dolphins, mermaids and anything Irish, so I'm always on the lookout for anything that relates to them. If it's a craft I haven't done yet but want the pattern, then I will teach myself the craft. We are all crafters, whether it be with clay, fibers, fabrics, paints, etc. But generally I think when you are one, you are many. :hook

In a past life I did counted cross stitch - from as long ago as I can remember to 4 or 5 years ago.

When I was 16 I became a quilter. I still quilt, but it went on the back burner when we moved. I've got another quilt in the works though, so I'm getting back into it.

I remember learning to knit when I was about 5, but it didn't stick at all. Someday I'll pick it back up and learn again.

I'm a scrapbooker too, but very sporadically - after taking a trip I'll make a scrapbook, then everything goes away until I come back from the next one.

I guess that's about it - for now! :lol

Among my friends, I am known as The Craft Maven. LOL!

I used to be a rubber stamper, but it got too expensive. Then I started working at Jo-Ann's, and it all went "downhill." I have picked up so many different crafts in the last five years, it's insane. But, I'm never bored!

Besides Crochet, lately I have been...

- beading

- incorporating polymer clay in my beading

- quilting

I've been mostly concentrating on the beading and crochet lately (I sell jewelry, and make crocheted gifts), and less on the quilting, but I still go back to the quilting now and again. I still dabble in paper crafts, too, but really only when needed, like for a special card, or a class. The classes I teach at Jo-Ann's keep me into these crafts... I teach:

- Crochet I and II

- Polymer Clay for Jewelry Designs (new class this summer)

- Card Crafting I and II

- Applique Rag Quilt

- Create with Xyron 101

I also teach a crocheted wire necklace class as well as other "normal" crochet classes in the Adult continuing ed program at the high school.

At the moment, my obsession is crochet, but I also sew. In the past I've also done needlepoint and macrame. If I ever find the time I'll be experimenting with combining several fiber crafts, plus some beading. And I really long to do polymer clay, but finding clean space to work is a real problem. Between the lint from yarn and fabric, and cat hair, I don't have exactly a "clean room" environment.

I do a little bit of everything. If I see a new type of craft I'll try it if it catches my fancy, hence the name craftychristine, not just crochetingchristine lol. I've quilted, I sew (mainly medievil clothing), bead, do some claywork, paint, scrapbook, do needlework, and a bunch of other things.

I learned how to knit eons ago, same time as I learned crochet. The crochet stuck but the knitting didn't, I'm hoping to pick that up again sometime soon.

I also used to sew, alot. When I was younger, the majority of my wardrobe was self-made. I really miss it, but am currently without a sewing machine or the space to sew.

I have also done some cross-stitch, but it's been a long time. I had ambitions of trying my hand at embroidery and quilting at one time too, but never seemed to get the chance. Maybe someday...

Beading and jewelry-making is next on my list. I had started up with it, collecting lots of materials, but then my life got a tad derailed and many of my interests went on the back burner, slowly working on getting them pulled back up front and center again, starting with the crochet. When I have time (famous last words) I will add the rest.

As a child, crafting of all types was a major part of my household activities, much of what I learned came from my mom who, at 94, is still cranking away on her sewing machine!

My other interests are:

Making jams

Native American Beadwork

Making stitch markers

Making handbags from whatever I can get my hands on!

Recently I've been interested in:

Decopauge

Restoring and reviving old (previously owned) items from markets

Making jewelery

I'd like to learn to:

Knit

Wire/jewelery knitting w/beads

Machine sew

Lately, if I see it and like it, I will try and create it. :D

Besides crochet:

Knit

beadwork

sew

cross stitch

embroidery

plastic canvas

I do crochet about 90% of the time and when I got tired of that I do some of the other stuff, usually knitting.

I learned to crochet and knit at the same time in my life and they both stuck :)

:frog

I do almost everything crafty....I'm was the arts and crafts director at a camp for the past two summers. (Just moved up to supervisor...won't be teaching except in emergencies, just scheduling and supplying.) I love all things crafty! :tup

Whenever anyone at my daughter's school or any of my friends want to know how to do anything, they call me. If I don't know how to do it, I'll figure it out. If people want to get together to scrapbook or bead, they do it at my house because I have the most gadgets!

Most of my crafty time is spent crocheting, but I sew some (though I haven't had much time for it lately, to the point where when I got out the sewing machine recently I had to look at the manual to thread it :lol ), though I'm pretty much a beginner at it--I can do curtains, simple clothes (I managed to master set-in sleeves but so far haven't tried anything with zippers or buttonholes), that sort of thing. I've been itching to make new curtains for my bedroom, been waiting to catch some suitable fabric on sale.

I also dabble in knitting when the mood strikes me. I can knit, but after months of trying every so often I'm still working on the whole purling thing. One of these days I'm going to get the hang of it, though.

i crochet, knit, sew a bit, make jewelry, scrapbook, make blank journals...eh I dunno. I do a whole lot of things. I think it's important to craft, especially with children, so I spend most of my time now learning and finding what I love to do so I may these things with my children and they can share it with theirs and so on and so on.

Hi there. I've tried lots of crafts, but crochet has stuck the best. I get frustrated with knitting because I know I can make almost the same thing better and faster in crochet! As a kid I tried embroidery and painting with watercolors. I tried scrapbooking a few years ago but I just don't have the patience for it! It never looks as cool as I want it to. Patience was an issue with cross-stitch, too. Anything bigger than a bookmark I didn't have the patience for!

Right now I'm taking up ceramics again and re-taking a beginning pottery class so I can make some consistently good bowls, I hope, get more practiced at it!

I dabble in sewing but I have no training in it, so most of what I make I have to teach myself how to do, lots of trial and error! Made curtains, pillow covers, a valance. Made a purse once but I didn't know about interfacing so it's very floppy!

Anyhoo, crochet is definitely the only art I would say I have mastered! The rest I'm in novice territory for sure.

:book Raquel

Archived