Oh, the miracle of Space Bags....

I have long wondered if these things worked. I saw this EXTRA LARGE size space bag on clearance (somewhere?) for $4 and thought I'd give it a try.

My stash is out of control. I only have one closet to store it in, and I've outgrown the closet. Here is the bucket of "odds and ends" yarn - meaning it has no intended purpose at this time....

yarn1.jpg

No, this isn't even CLOSE to my entire stash... but WAIT!!!

Following package instructions, I pack the bag up to the line (in retrospect, I could have stuffed more in there) and this is how much fit in there...

yarn3.jpg

yarn2.jpg

Suck out the air with my vacuum... and :woo look at that yarn smush!!!

yarn4.jpg

It's a miracle! I have more room!

Now, if only

(A) I could find a space bag that worked on my waist

and

(B) I could remember where I bought THIS one!

Wall mart sells them. I use them for my seasonal clothing and whenever I travel. I get a lot more space in my suitcase this way so I can bring home my goodies I get on my trips. I never thought to use it on my stash. Hmmm more space for more yarn? I like this idea!

i have been meaning to do this with my yarn as i love what it does to my unused blankets...hope you remember whee you bought that one because $4 is a GREAT deal!!

If you find one that works on the waist, see if they have any for the hips and thighs.:rofl

:rofl :rofl :roflPLEASE, please let me know if you find one for the waist, hips & thighs. I'll take a couple of those!!!

:rofl :rofl I will take all of that and one for flabby upper arms and double chins!!! :rofl

If you find one that works on the waist, see if they have any for the hips and thighs.:rofl

:rofl :rofl :roflPLEASE, please let me know if you find one for the waist, hips & thighs. I'll take a couple of those!!!

:rofl dont forget the butt area as well

The ones for the waist, hips, butt, flabby arms and gubble neck?

:rofl

The customers LOVE these things! They fit so well. (I'm a buyer, too!)

wow i never thought about using it for my stash. i have boxes of all differant sizes. got them at wholesale store last year. love those th ings

i have learned not to go past the line though, sometimes if u do it eventually splits somewhere when stored. lol had few break on me :( so now just the line for me

Archived