My fingers are itching...

So if there were a yarn store in walking distance from this desk, I'd be there in a flash.

Ever get a yearning to be crocheting?

I don't know why I don't have something at my desk.

Maybe a paper clip hook and dental floss?

Where's the ball of string that sat for years on the supply cabinet shelf?

Cut strips of the larger trash bags and crochet with a notch cut from a wooden dowel?

Could I get plastic utensils hot enough to shape into a hook?

I found a toothbrush. I know there's something called toothbush crochet but for what? and how?

Please, I need a fix!

Hello, my name is Mary Pat and I'm a crochet-aholic

OMG I sooo know what you mean, I'm sitting here staring at the leftover yarn balls I brought in for the crochet club I'm forming here at school and wondering why I wasn't smart enough to bring in my extra hooks too

plus the library aid gave me a huge box full of old VHS tapes to use to crochet I'm dying to try it.

Hahahahah! Yes I understand! How about if they start making purses with crochet hook holders? Could be next to the cell phone pockets?

But then, you'd need room for the yarn . . and the directions, and a follow up WIM, just in case you didn't feel like doing that project . . .

Oh, heck, we just need to remember to bring our yarn bags or backpacks EVERYWHERE! They we'd have them!

Also on the toothbrush crochet. My husband's granny used to do this. She used strips of cloth to crochet into rugs. Also 3 strands of yarn, using a old toothbrush as the crochet hook! I think this was way before they started making the large hooks they have now.

How inventive! Hope you have a sane rest of the workday!

:laughroll I knew I wasn't the only one out there!!! :D I was thinking of trying to join a 'aholics group....then I remebered...thats why I'm here. I was thinking should I skip Tae Kwon Do to finish my CAL??? Do I need the exercise that bad?? :yes, but do I want it??? :no!!

Does it count too if you take your straw and your husband's straw at a restaurant, and practice knitting imaginary yarn?

I'm ROFL just picturing this

Does it count too if you take your straw and your husband's straw at a restaurant, and practice knitting imaginary yarn?

Imaginary! that just seems far far worse!

plus the library aid gave me a huge box full of old VHS tapes to use to crochet I'm dying to try it.

I am sitting reading this and thinking of sooo many great ideas that would work in a theater room using VHS tape. Thanks

They call me the bag lady at work, always have a project with me. You never know when you might get the urge on break or lunch. I finished a coworkers baby shower gift on my breaks hiding in the exercise room in the basement so she wouldn't see me! Also my I make my dh drive when we go anywhere together so I can sneak in a few rows or rounds! He thinks I'm nuts and wonders why I can't just loaf around doing nothing like him! I used to work the late shift so it was deadsville, I always brought something to do then. I kinda miss that shift:no

Archived