I'm getting an Edgerydoo!!!

:jumpyayI'm so excited!:manyheart My wonderful husband surprised me tonight by showing me the confirmation of the order. Our 3rd anniversary is the 21st, and he wanted me to know he'd gotten it for me just in case it doesn't get here by then. He even visited the 'Ville to find out how to get one...he did a google search and kept coming up with links for a didgerydoo!:lol

I had mentioned how much I'd been wanting an edgerydoo, but couldn't justify spending the money because our bills are so crazy. I've put myself on yarn restrictions and have been working from my out of control stash as much as humanly possible, but now I just have to go buy some fabric to try out my new toy! And maybe some matching yarn!:devil

I'd love for you to send some of your fave edging patterns my way so I'll be armed and ready when it arrives!:hook Thanks in advance, and also for letting me get that out, I know y'all totally understand.:yes

Okay here are two of my favorite pattern books for edging - they are well worth the money.

Also - these books are for kids/baby blankets but I have used these edging patterns for pillows and adult fleece blanket throws :)

http://leisurearts.com/customer_care/search/item_detail.asp?item_num=3485&sort=title&page=1&rec_num=0&startRec=0&skill=KC&search=baby%20blanket%20edging

http://leisurearts.com/customer_care/search/item_detail.asp?item_num=3742&sort=title&page=1&rec_num=3&startRec=0&skill=KC&search=Strawberry%20Shortcake

Have fun! I got one too but I have other things going right now, I have blanket fleece panels put away for the holidays that I will edge with it and I know it will make it easier!~ I think simple edge patterns are included with it too.

Thanks for those links. Looks like it would be worth the money for sure.:yes I'm getting the original...I'd love to have the squares also! I've seen so many cute things done with it here...the latest I've seen with the ducky in the bathrobe done by The Worm is just adorable! LJFrog, I know what ya mean! If he hadn't come here to the Ville to look it up, I might have been getting a didgerydoo!:lol

Thanks for those links. Looks like it would be worth the money for sure.:yes I'm getting the original...I'd love to have the squares also! I've seen so many cute things done with it here...the latest I've seen with the ducky in the bathrobe done by The Worm is just adorable! LJFrog, I know what ya mean! If he hadn't come here to the Ville to look it up, I might have been getting a didgerydoo!:lol

I had a student from Australia a few years ago. His father flew back for business and brought me a didgeridoo! I can't really use it (need lessons!) but it's really cool.

Now, I COULD use an EdgeryDoo........

I had a student from Australia a few years ago. His father flew back for business and brought me a didgeridoo! I can't really use it (need lessons!) but it's really cool.

Now, I COULD use an EdgeryDoo........

:yes I'm sure I could do more with an edgerydoo too! And Jessica, you hit the nail on the head...that is exactly what it is for. I'm so excited!!!!:hook

I've got an edgerydoo and the squares and I love it! I've made bunches of blankets for charity and friends who have been having babies lately. I need to get pics of everything and show them eventually.

I like to buy my fleece online at thefleecelady.com. Good prices, good selection, and fast shipping.

Yay you!

Edgerydoo is GREAT!

Marlene is a member here, and has some edging patterns on the Edgerydoo website (including the one that you liked for my ducky blanket - thanks for the kind words!) :)

OMGOODNESS, i just got my order yesterday!!! i ordered the regular curved kit, & a 6" square kit. now this weekend i hope to go to lowes & get that special board ya need. i have lots of fleece remnants i got at joanns this past yr. i was/am making those snowman nodder thingys.(need fleece for their hat & scarves) so i have a tub plus one of those under the bed things with pieces of ALL kinds of colors of fleece. i would like to make a blanket with MANY colors. CONGRATULATIONS:cheer, mizduck on getting yours. husbands CAN be REALLY nice at times can't they???:yay LOL judy

:woo I'm so glad y'all understand my excitement. My hubby has been looking at me funny 'cause I'm running around with a huge grin!:D My Lowe's had the insulation aisle blocked off when I went last night, so I couldn't get the board:loser.:rant However, I did find some fleece at wal mart.:devil I don't have mine yet...but I intend to be prepared! I even ordered the edging books shuttlebuggy recommended to me!:blush The Worm, you'll have to cheer us along on our maiden edging voyages, since you're now a seasoned edgerydoo pro!:yes As if a yarn addiction weren't enough, we can now add "fleece addicts" to our resume!

I purchased one a while ago and its just sitting here. I haven't had time to try it. I got the 6" and 12" -

Hey - does anyone want to run a CAL for this?

I ordered one Thursday-so yes, I'd like to participate! :cheer

:mail I got mine quickly, arrived yesterday! :woo I've already pierced holes in 2 pieces of fleece...gonna be doing some more today!:blush I'm lovin' it! Janet, you have tons more restraint than I do! I don't know that I'd be a good host for a CAL, I have no expertise in that area.:think A CAL is a great idea, though.:yes I'm surprised there's not one already.

Boo, I'm so excited for you to get yours! I've got the foundation row done on one blankie so far. I'm impatiently waiting for my edging pattern books to arrive so I can make beautiful borders. I'm gonna have about six more wips to add to the long, long list. Now if I could just improve my cutting skills. Even with a straight edge, my "skills" leave much to be desired!:reyes

Archived