I'm Falling For You .......................

JulieKay

Diane, the tweaked version looks perfect. I think I may have to add that one to my WIM list too. That list has a way of growing on it's own too. :lol

Linda I like that square. It doesn't look like it's too hard to do either. Thank you for showing it to us.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, I think that is going to work for my stems! That's great! Thank you so much for that. My next challenge is to figure out my colors. I know I am going to do the leaves in a few different colors but i am trying to decide whether to do the backgrounds in all one color or if I should alternate those as well.

Here's her explanation/directions for the bi-color square.:clap

One way to do the maple leaf stems would be a bi-color square done this way. It might be a little too thick, but you could try it. I used this as part of my train quilt ghan's smile and it worked great there:

Do the center in the stem color as usual, then do a ch3, 2 dc, ch1, 3 dc using the stem color in the first corner; change to the background color and do a ch 1, 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in the next corner; change to the stem color and do a ch 1, 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in the third corner; change to the background color and do the final corner in that; ch1, join and end square.:hook

Thank you for all the comments!

I think I will leave it alone and see if anyone does alternative combination! I really like the design. Another thought, I might change suns to leaves or something. Then I would change sky blue background to other color, not sure what.

I decide not to join in and make an afghan, but I am glad that I have an opportunity to be creative. Thank you! I have to attack the gifts list and WIPs for the rest of the year. I will stay in and cheer on! :cheer

I am doing the leaves for sure, and now that I know theres a way to do the stems, i am excited to get started. havent gotten all my colors yet though.

Someone has made a decision. :yay Can't wait to see progress pictures!

Hello all - I know this doesn't have anything to do with fall - but while surfing, I came across this quilt - which I think is adorable. I drew it up on graph paper and it would be really easy to do in crochet - maybe someday

http://www.bluebirdgardens.com/graphics/Quilts/newsleepcatquilt1.jpg

Oh that is just TOO cute!! May have to work on that one myself :yes Yeah right...right after I finish my 7 Navajo projects, my Baby Blocks, my Fall Ghan, a couple of BICOs, another baby ghan and about 6 sewing projects. Oh did I mention that they all need to be done by the end of the year? :lol:loco

You can do it, Cara!!!!

Although I don't have any plans to start this cat-quilt any time in the foreseeable future - I would like to see it all graphed out - alas I don't know how to do it on the computer. I don't have any fancy software like photo shop, is there any other way to do it - right now I just have two squares drawn up on graph paper w/no color.

The Cat ghan is so cute! One of the people can do it for you. I use Paint available on all the computers. (I don't know about Macs). I do print preview with the grid paper that Misa posted earlier on this thread. Just use bucket fill to fill out each squares.

Thanks Diane - I tried in using paint - but I'm soooo computer illiterate when it comes to that kind of stuff that! I managed to get one square done to show, but I think I raised my bp by about 30 points in the process. Anyway, here's what I came up with

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/1185970810/

Don't laugh at my computer skills...

Hello all - I know this doesn't have anything to do with fall - but while surfing, I came across this quilt - which I think is adorable. I drew it up on graph paper and it would be really easy to do in crochet - maybe someday

http://www.bluebirdgardens.com/graphics/Quilts/newsleepcatquilt1.jpg

OH!!! How cute!!

Thanks Diane - I tried in using paint - but I'm soooo computer illiterate when it comes to that kind of stuff that! I managed to get one square done to show, but I think I raised my bp by about 30 points in the process. Anyway, here's what I came up with

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/1185970810/

Don't laugh at my computer skills...

I see nothing to laugh at....that's perfect :tup !!

Archived