childs granny purse

kimmiep621

my son was just invited to friends bday party. gave me whole weeks notice. lol this week is not pay week so money is tight. so i wipped up this bad boy last night. did take few hours cause i really had no clue what i was really doing. i kinda made it up as i went along. didn't turn out too bad for first purse w/out pattern. and was first time i ever used my fun fur. i enjoyed it. was the stuff i got at dollar tree. i didnt like the dark colors so i cut out the deep purple and some other color. i didnt care since i only paid $1 for it.

th_101_3678.jpg

pics are clicky. finally figured that part out. duh me

th_101_3677.jpg

Cuuuute!! Great idea!! I have granddaughters and nieces that are so into purses right now!! Yours would really make their day, especially the "fun fur"!! Great job!!:)

Cuuuute!! Great idea!! I have granddaughters and nieces that are so into purses right now!! Yours would really make their day, especially the "fun fur"!! Great job!!:)

kewl. u should try it sometime. all i did was make 2 squares to desired size, used the fur w/other yarn at same time in one row, then finished my squares i took one and DC 4 rows on 3 sides. then i sewed on my 2nd square to the 3 sides, made handle out of SC to deisred thickness and length.

most of my time spent was the agony of sewing it together. i get bored w/that. :lol

it's a very sweet little handbag, a great gift! what a special mum you are to whip that up as a gift!

Very sweet purse. I'm sure she'll love having a unique gift. I have yet to make a purse because I'm intimidated by lining a purse. How do you know when a purse needs to be lined? It appears that you didn't line the one you made--or did you?

Your purse is terrific. I admire people who can "whip" something up in a night!!! She is going to love the purse, the colors and fun fur are beautiful.

Archived