My KristieMN (sort of) backpack

Loralynn

I purchased KristieMN's latest pattern at her etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6458853) As I was working up the pattern for the backpack I decided that it was way too much work to give to my dd and have her just end up dumping it on the floor to enhance her bedroom carpeting! :eek I decided to turn it into a purse for myself! Instead of putting a seat on the front of it, I added a cell phone pocket with a closure. I use the drawstring to close the flap so that it is more secure (gotta think safety with a purse). I also added a ruffle around the flap. I love my new purse!!! Thank you Kristie for the base pattern! By the way, I love the way the other items in the pattern set are working up too!

878506144_2ef4158de7_m.jpg

Thanks for the comments! I fell in love with the colors too! They are a lot brighter than what I usually go for, but leave it to good old Red Heart to make something I just couldn't resisit just for the fun of it!!

looks great as a purse and the colours are really cool! looks like your daughter will have enough carpey decorations with the rest of the set :)

Thank Kristie! By the way, I just wanted to say that I love your patterns and they are very well written! If anyone is on the fence about buying one of Kristies patterns, jump! They are great!

Wow!! What a neat idea!! I especially like the "cell phone holder"(gotta have one, right??:lol )!! RH has really been making some nice "variegated yarns", such as the one you used for the bag, I like the bright pink variegated one called "Candy Print". Great job!! :)

I just bought another varigated one, it's mostly pink with a bit of purple. I almost bought the pink/red one, but one of my ds talked me into the pink/purple (he knew it was a better choice for me since I don't really like red all that much - smart kid!)

Thank you Stormy! I have to say I love your free bunny purse pattern you have on your blog! I am definately going to have to make that for my dd to carry next easter!

As I was working up the pattern for the backpack I decided that it was way too much work to give to my dd and have her just end up dumping it on the floor to enhance her bedroom carpeting! :eek

:roflOh that is to funny. :rofl I love the colors you used and what you did to it. Great job.:hook

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :yes

jasmom - how did the yarn work up texture wise? Do you have to wash it to get it to soften up? I really like my shawl's to be soft.

Archived